Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have a 2019 a220 with a basic smaller mbux screen and looking into getting a bigger one.

Has someone done it? Can I just buy the bigger screen panel and then perhaps code it in? Is there something else needed?

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello all!

I have a 2019 a220 with a basic smaller mbux screen and looking into getting a bigger one.

Has someone done it? Can I just buy the bigger screen panel and then perhaps code it in? Is there something else needed?
Control unit and coding has to be done and ofcourse a new display haha. Using a virgin unit might be the best solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Control unit and coding has to be done and ofcourse a new display haha. Using a virgin unit might be the best solution.
Thanks!
I'm not a total noob with retrofits, but have previously mostly worked with BMWs and am mostly a newbie in the MB world

Can you pls specify what control unit are you talking about and which program should be used for coding?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks!
I'm not a total noob with retrofits, but have previously mostly worked with BMWs and am mostly a newbie in the MB world

Can you pls specify what control unit are you talking about and which program should be used for coding?
Can't tell you the brand of the control unit. As I never done the retrofit before, so you have to figure that one out using workshop instructions.. But for coding I would suggest using DTS monaco. Its a little bit complicated but its used for coding any MB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't tell you the brand of the control unit. As I never done the retrofit before, so you have to figure that one out using workshop instructions.. But for coding I would suggest using DTS monaco. Its a little bit complicated but its used for coding any MB.
Thanks

If you don't mind the question, how do you know the head unit is necessary if you've never done a retrofit before? Just making sure I can trust this piece of information.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks

If you don't mind the question, how do you know the head unit is necessary if you've never done a retrofit before? Just making sure I can trust this piece of information.
As mentioned before see Link

1 - 7 of 7 Posts