Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have just began to install the FL comand online system with android auto and apple carplay.hit quite a few problems and was hoping someone could post some photo's of the rear of there comand unit. i'm still waiting on some wiring from mercedes.. could be a 2 weeks till its here..

if anyone that has a facelift w176 with comand could help me out. would appreciate it. thank you

Edited by: xxx

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interesting project.

Unfortunately I have a prefl but look forward to see the result and maybe a DIY for someone in the future, good luck mate!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its ok, I'm upgrading from the pre fl audio 20, hopefully if someone can post a few images of there's I can do a "how to"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definitely keep me posted on this! I have a pre FL 2014 audio 20 model and would love to hear you having success with this! Good luck man!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will, the wiring harness cost me £90 and the nav unit with the screen cost £1200 with pin code. the wiring for dab has been ordered at the cost of £60. i am still working on it but mercedes are very with the wires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
xxx said:
i will, the wiring harness cost me £90 and the nav unit with the screen cost £1200 with pin code. the wiring for dab has been ordered at the cost of £60. i am still working on it but mercedes are very with the wires.
What year was your car built may I ask?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can we get an update on this dude? Keen to find out and maybe pursuade my dealer to end up doing it for me since it technically is possible!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will do, I've just bee waiting on my parts to arrive from mercedes. so i can finish. i did start this thinking i only needed to change the head unit and screen. has since grown into a mammoth task. but i will post all part numbers and cost, along with a step by step guide how to do everything.

·
Registered
58 Posts
xxx said:
i will do, I've just bee waiting on my parts to arrive from mercedes. so i can finish. i did start this thinking i only needed to change the head unit and screen. has since grown into a mammoth task. but i will post all part numbers and cost, along with a step by step guide how to do everything.
Good to hear! I already have Comand Online pre FL would just like to upgrade to FL system, hopefully its a bit easier!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quick update, although still waiting on some parts

the cooling for comand online:
this has arrived and is only needed if you have ntg4.5 or ntg5 comand online.
it is fitted to the right side of the head unit regardless if it RHD or LHD.

you do have more inputs and more antennas to add to the car. including new wlan and gps.
the gps antenna is in the rear spoiler. Near the centre brake, light i added a gps duplex as well as run a new wire to connect to the rear of the comand head unit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
facelift motorised reversing camera:
this has been a headache. there are 2 main connectors on this and a control module for the operation. it dose use 2 fuses on the interior fuse box. fuse 108 and fuse 50

camera control module, in the left hand side boot/trunk compartment

the older style fixed camera will not work with the ntg5, unless you get a aftermarket camera

Edited by: xxx

·
Registered
58 Posts
What will happen to the various menu option on the new head unit for configuring the car? As in the pre FL these are fine in the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they are managed by the sams module. once the head-unit is programmed it should in theory work

1 - 20 of 313 Posts