Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

261 - 280 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
rjc_147 said:
How do I find out what Version of NTG5 I have.
I don't have Android Auto but have Apple Carplay, Dealer keeps telling me my hardware is not compatible (June 2016 build) and will eventually get Android Auto when they update the firmware in the future. Not sure I believe them.
If you have Apple Carplay, it means you have NTG5 that already have Android Auto, never mind what version of NTG5 you have, Android Auto could be activated on your car no additional SW update required. Be aware that tools from eBay may not work with your car, I had experience with such tool on my car, it's just doesn't work. I could do it for you, but I'm in Belarus :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have retrofitted Comand ntg 5.1 on my car that it had audio20 ntg5.1. I have updated vedoc with new comand and now i can use internet connection. Just i want to know how i can download new mercedes app because when i try to go to this website: apps.mercedes-benz.com/apps/ the browser show me an error mex written : "could not be load full page" Who can help me? thanks

ps: sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
4 Posts
xxx said:
quick update, although still waiting on some parts...the gps antenna is in the rear spoiler. Near the centre brake, light i added a gps duplex as well as run a new wire to connect to the rear of the comand head unit....

Hi, what's gps duplex antenna?

I plug a common gps antenna but no work..
In the engenering menu appears: GPS ant. NG

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I added that, but was not needed in the final finish (only whilst testing) The diagrams show everything that you need to get it working.
The gps duplex allows you to connect 2 gps devices to one antenna.

Are you using the new gps lead or the one from ntg4.5?Edited by: xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
xxx said:
Hi, if you go through this thread you would get a better idea of the work involved in upgrading. The process is the same if you have audio 20 or comand online, the exception being you don't have to install the fan for comand as your car already has it.
[TUBE]FD1Mi_xdUNg[/TUBE]

Hey xxx.

I have done this retrofit also, but I'm wondering if all your Engine Data Gauges work? In mine, only the temperatures work, not the HP/NM. I suspect is has something todo with my pre-FL ECU not being able to deliver the data needed? Is that something that can be upgraded as well?

Also, is it possible to enable mirrorlink (allready have android auto + carplay).
<div id="gtx-trans" style=": ; left: 436px; top: 128px;"><div ="gtx-trans-icon">

·
Registered
37 Posts
xxx said:
Good morning, dear friend, I have a question on the connection of the USB cable of your description, with on: (A1765401101) that does not match the connection of the Box of your discretion, with the part number n: (A1728201700)!?. ..the only cable that enters the Box; of its Description, it is the cable n :( A1765401201)! .... because the cable of its Description (Axxxxxx1101), I do not see any possible connection, could I take the doubt, please? ... lengths!IMG_4822_2017-10-01_22-35-25.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello MB Fans! I am looking for some clarifications. I just bought a A-Class Year 2014 fitted with NTG4.5. I do not see the option 'Linguatronics' in the 'System' menu while there is the 'Push to talk button' on the steering wheel. Also, the small web icon ("globe") is not there. Is this Hardware related (like the hardware does not support these functionalities?) or Software related (Software needs update to support these options?).Thanking you for your kind help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
@3BNAD, it would have been nice to create a new topic for your question...

You don't have a comand online, you just have a NTG 4.5 AUDIO 20 that don't have linguatronics or the icon "globe". It's not a software problem but a hardware problem, you need to change the all radio module.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Hi, you don't need to change the GPS, you only need to change the wire. Needs to go directfrom head unit to your original GPS antenna.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
tre87 said:
xxx said:
Hi, if you go through this thread you would get a better idea of the work involved in upgrading. The process is the same if you have audio 20 or comand online, the exception being you don't have to install the fan for comand as your car already has it.
[TUBE]FD1Mi_xdUNg[/TUBE]

Hey xxx.

I have done this retrofit also, but I'm wondering if all your Engine Data Gauges work? In mine, only the temperatures work, not the HP/NM. I suspect is has something todo with my pre-FL ECU not being able to deliver the data needed? Is that something that can be upgraded as well?

Also, is it possible to enable mirrorlink (allready have android auto + carplay).
<div id="gtx-trans" style=": ; left: 436px; top: 128px;"><div ="gtx-trans-icon">
Hi, I also don't have all the engine data gauges working (I honestly have not tried with them). but I suppose if it is something you really want then you might need to make a few additional modifications. Including updating the extended drive unit found in the A45..

As for mirror link. I have not used it. But will investigate further ;)Edited by: xxx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great job!!!
I have a class(w176) 2012 with audio20 ntg4.5 and I do retrofit to audio20 with Garmin ntg5.1, android auto, carplay and 8" screen.
All ok, except that in dashboard I have disappeared the audio and phone menus, and not showing new navi menu. But volume and linguatronic buttons works ok.
Any idea what can happen and how to solve it?

·
Registered
737 Posts
RE The engine data gauges on the 8" display.Its not just the AMG models that get this. I had a 2017 C220d on loan recently that had Comand, and it also had the engine data gauges. Exactly the same as in the A45 with Comand.
Except obviously it only went to 170bhp, and i think 350NM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love this xxx and plan on doing it to my 2014 CLA.Just like to know what the difference is between part numbers for screens and NTG5.1 stereos...

Screen:
A 166 900 14 20
A 166 900 01 15

Stereo:
A 246 900 27 18
A 246 900 26 17

Does it matter which one I get?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's a lot of posts in here and a lot of grown ups, yet this thread is wonderful pile of info slightly lacking structure.

Could anyone help actually just getting a requirement list for a start of what MINIMUM is needed to ugprade from 4.5 to Comand?

Since some say we need a new steering wheel some aren't. It would be most helpful, I might try to read through the pages and get a basic guide together, and then I might do the upgrade, slightly lost myself tho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The FL steering wheel is required for the steering controls to work only. The stereo/display will still work with the old steering wheel.

There is a post somewhere in this thread that gives a list of parts required for audio20 and comand systems.

Edited by: mealdeal

261 - 280 of 318 Posts