Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

281 - 300 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
as some of you have been asking for some extra wires you have and making SOS system work with ntg5, here is the diagram:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to everybody. At last I have succeeded retrofitting ntg5.1 on my GLA 2014. But I have a little cosmetic problem, when I enter the car configuration the model shown in the illustration is an A class not a GLA . Do you know how could I change that ? entering some engineering or hidden menu ?

thanks in advance

Edited by: macpinty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from Spain,First of all, thak you for this post, it´s useful.
I have a mercedes CLa 2014 and i want to change my audio 20 ntg 4.5 to audio 20 ntg 5.1.
I have the pieces but not the wiring harness, please, could anyone help me?
could i do by myself?
Thank you. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello
I already made the change from Ntg 4.5 to the audio 20 ntg 5, but the camera backwards does not work! My car already had a reverse camera, but when I bought the radio and the monitor, I also bought the new camera and the new video cable, but it still does not work. I go to the camera menu, on the radio, and if I load the option to open the camera, it opens, but when I go back, it does not open.Did you have to do some activation because of the new camera?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've done this modification from NTG 4.5 to NTG 5.1 but the microphone is not working, has anyone had this problem? I made the same links to this image

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello,

Those wires, green and blue will connect to that module? Where is this module?

Is there anything to do with the module that sits in the middle of the USB cables?
With these cables I show in the photo.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have all the accessories, the module that stays insterrup in the middle of the USB cables, but I do not know where it will connect a green plug that is there.

Do I have to connect all this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Now I noticed that you have in the two images, in the microphone and the SOS module, the black wire to be fixed in the same place?
Is not nothing wrong?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys thanks for all your help in doing this. I got all the parts to do the retrofit and am excited but now all of the images are gone from the website. Can someone upload the instructions PDF file that was available.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know if the NTG5.1 head units are linked to the displays. eBay has some displays and head units sold separately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My cost wasexpedited by the fact that i added HK7, multi colour ambient lighting, keyles go and DAB.

in order to get everything working correctly, i needed to change the sams control unit to the newer N10 version. these are easily identifed by having the code X156 marked on them.

the HK7 was retrofitted with all the additional speakers. but i was a nightmare to complete

in regards to the fan, for the stereo head-unit. i did try installing this with the dashboard in place. but after a hour, i just gave up and had to take the dash back out again to fit it.

this fan is only needed for comand, not for audio20/ audio50

Edited by: xxx
hello I would like to know where the cables of the usb are connected I mean the three blue and blue brown yellow wires. thank you
my CLASS A2013 at ctg 4.5 and I'm going to NTG 5.1 now I need to know the connection of these cables thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I also have an upgrade to the new system. Can you re-upload or send me the instructions to upgrade to NTG5? Need a little help, because the link does not work anymore! greeting

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello,i want to replace NTG5STAR1 (garmin) AUDIO 20 with NTG5 COMAND ONLINE (A2469008916),i have w246 FL,
what do i need for this..??

tnx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Slightly off topic but is the hardware fitted to some models? I've got a 16 model and just want to know if I can get apple carplay running on it, not bothered about Comand or DAB.

281 - 300 of 318 Posts