Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Slightly off topic but is the hardware fitted to some models? I've got a 16 model and just want to know if I can get apple carplay running on it, not bothered about Comand or DAB.
hi, yes it was fitted to all facelift models of the w176, although not activated on all of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate! I looked through all 31 pages and you ve done such an amazing job!

I want to upgrade my 2015 GLA 7 inch display to 8 inch(display only)

I tried this morning and found out cables don't match.

What is solution can I fit black cable if I will cut off corner.

Will it work without swapping radio unit?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
You just need to cut the little piece off the the corner of the black plug. Should work as long as your head unit is ntg5

·
Registered
1 Posts
About the steering, doesn't exist a wirring diagram for the button, so they work without changing to the new steering ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You just need to cut the little piece off the the corner of the black plug. Should work as long as your head unit is ntg5
as i see on photo he has NTG4.7 and wants to retrofit monitor from NTG5
both cables are not compatible, this is done specially by Mercedes, the old LVDS cable has an angular connector, and the new one is straight and it will suffer by connecting angular in place of straight, before replacing the monitor, I think that Nostradamus needs to replace the radio with NTG5s1, joystick, wires, some more things on a trifle for three or four hundreds euros, only then change the monitor
I personally do not know cases that the monitor from NTG5 worked with NTG4.5/4.7 radio

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys

Sorry for my bad english i need to have information about retrofit i search to download pdf but not work. Can i have it ?

Thanks from Paris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I own a 2014 CLA with Comand Online (ntg4.7 i think ) HK sound system and distronic plus.
Can you tell me what do i need to retrofit Comand Online to 5s1 and also if i need to change steering wheel ?
I know that this is an A class forum but maybe some of you guys have some info about how this is working
Thank You

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,
I own a 2014 CLA with Comand Online (ntg4.7 i think ) HK sound system and distronic plus.
Can you tell me what do i need to retrofit Comand Online to 5s1 and also if i need to change steering wheel ?
I know that this is an A class forum but maybe some of you guys have some info about how this is working
Thank You

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello I need to understand with certainty which wires to move from my cless to 2013 with telematics ntg 4.1 to ntg 5.1 and where the usb must be connected to the fuse box thanks if you can give a detailed guide thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hey xxx, the pdf you uploaded seems to be missing half of the images? About halfway down it just turns to this? I didn't read the bit about having to replace all of the wiring, so any help with that would be appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trying to do this now, which is difficult without the embedded images. But does all of the wiring actually need to be replaced? I know the round plugs have little nibs on which prevent the 4.5 wiring from going into the ntg 5. But I read one person just removed these nibs and got it part way working? There was an image (which has now gone) which showed where the connectors from the 4.5 go into the ngt 5 radio? Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, yes it was fitted to all facelift models of the w176, although not activated on all of them.
I have a FL A200 04/2016 with what appears to be all the components listed in your guide/pdf only my data card specifies 522 as my code, which is the audio 20. Does this look the same as the NTG5 from the front? I understand the NTG5 has the hard drive but I would need to take out the unit to inspect or look through the details within engineering mode.

I have contacted comandonline and they said I need an additional hidden unit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Você terá que desmontar a fiação se quiser manter as características que você tem em sua lata. Você só precisa dos que podem ser comand. O resto você mantém em seu carro
Olá, eu tenho o sistema ntg 4.5 com MAP Becker, eu gostaria de saber se eu posso atualizar o display 5.8´´ para um de 7 ́ ́ ou 8 ́ ́ sem ter problemas de imagem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Você terá que desmontar a fiação se quiser manter as características que você tem em sua lata. Você só precisa dos que podem ser comand. O resto você mantém em seu carro
Estou mudando a tela também. pode explicar melhor a parte de dividir os fios? que linhas? Eu tenho 20 NTG 4.5 áudio e dual zone e park assist

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to be a little off topic,
does anyone know what adapter or dongle I need to use the android auto or carplay without the cable in 2020 A35 with MBUX. It works fine with cable but would like to try the wireless option.
Lemi

301 - 318 of 318 Posts