Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone currently have this? I know what to expect with the reverse camera, grid lines that adjust to steering etc, but wondering how good it is when using to tuck up in tight spaces? Can you get up close confidently??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Haven't got my A class yet but from the experience on my current car - Nissan Murano, yes, you could really rely on the camera. It is really a good aid when you need to park your car into a tight spot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi. I have it. The guidance lines are very good, they show you the width of the car and then there are two other lines which change depending on the angle of the steering, so you can measure your approach for bay parking.
You can see the edge of your back bumper in the screen. There is also another yellow line about 10 cms before that, and that's about as close as you want to be getting to allow clearance to get into the boot etc. But to answer your question, yes you can get very close by relying on the camera.

Hope that helps. Will try and take some pics for you tomorrow if that is of use.

Personally I prefer sensors, but they were too expensive on this car.
Edited by: nuvolablue

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice one lads ... as long as i can see the bumper then thats perfect. We have the usual merc parking sensors on the C ane E class with the running lights which i like a lot. But i was really keen to get a clean look on the rear bumper so opted to down the camera root.

·
Registered
28 Posts
tnx for the info.

like Reza i was looking to keep a clean back of the car no sensors no decals no badges...

i opted for the comand online since it has a bigger screen than the becker one. (if i was correctly informed)

i had a test drive in Luxembourg with an A200CDI fitted with the camera but this was months ago so nice to have some refreshing information ;-)

Buring_Raven

·
Registered
104 Posts
regretting not having the rear camera...... anyone know if it is pre-wired (like the becker unit) and can it be bolted on afterwards?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Where about does the camera sit? Is it in beside the number plate lights - and does it stick out?
Currently I have a reversing camera in my VW badge - which flips out when you put the car in reverse. Unless the car is in reverse, the camera is invisible. Handy, as it doesn't get dirty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts