Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes AMG45S + Plus Sun Yellow MY19
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've recently got my A45S and have an iPhone 6S Plus, the problem is that any cables I've purchased for use in the car either stop the console door closing (they come almost vertically out of the USB C/CarPlay connector in the car) or/and I can't put my phone on top of the wirless charging unit (which I'm not using) because the straight lightning connectors make the phone too wide for the space :(

So simple question - has anyone found a USB C 90 degree to lightning 90 degree cable or any other solution that would work?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem with an iPhone 7 (which I think is a bit shorter than a 6S plus) and this just fits in.

So I have one of these adaptors in the socket so the lid can close: Adaptor

And one of these 0.2m cables to the phone: Cable

The challenge is finding a USB-C to 90 Degree lightning cable at less than 1m long which I haven't managed yet. The nearest is this Lightning 90 Degree cable, or similar, and it would depend on how to loose the extra cable length.

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Plus
20 Posts
I was searching for the same type of cable and ended up buying an accessory data cable for the DJI OSMO Pocket camera. It is a 30 cm cable with 90 degrees USB-C and lightning connector.

Unfortunately it seems to be a rare cable. I bought it here from a Danish web shop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problem with an iPhone 7 (which I think is a bit shorter than a 6S plus) and this just fits in.

So I have one of these adaptors in the socket so the lid can close: Adaptor

And one of these 0.2m cables to the phone: Cable

The challenge is finding a USB-C to 90 Degree lightning cable at less than 1m long which I haven't managed yet. The nearest is this Lightning 90 Degree cable, or similar, and it would depend on how to loose the extra cable length.
Thanks David, I already looked at this but a metre of cable in there isn't great :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve spotted a couple of AliExpress, but I doubt any of them are MFI certified, which might mean that they don’t work correctly.
Do you have a link for these Dave?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
62 Posts
My cable turned up today, which is pretty good for something shipped from Hong Kong.

It is a bit on the long side, but the right angle on both ends makes quite a difference to it fitting.
I only quickly tested it, but didn't come up with any errors regarding "not official"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone.
Will be buying one of the above options 👍

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just received this cable from Banggood. Ordered in in November 2019.

60cm long. Lightning cable only is right angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts