Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Does anyone know the road tax costs for the A250e?

Im in the process of getting an A250e, my local dealership tells me that the first year will be £0, then the following years will be £140.

I thought EV's and PHEV's were all £0 road tax?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is a lease so didn't pay much attention to it, but am surprised to see it being that much as its not much of an incentive to reduce emissions when previous years diesels have been £20 or less for the year!!

But when you think about it the Gov are going to want to get their lost revenue on fuel back somehow unfortunately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is still a bit of an incentive as the first year rates are CO2 based with the A250e in the £0 band and A220d for instance in the £215 band. Subsequent years it is then £140 versus £150 respectively. Over 5 years that’s £255 saved which at average home supply rates buys about 2000kWh of electricity which could power the car for about 8000miles.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine is a lease so didn't pay much attention to it, but am surprised to see it being that much as its not much of an incentive to reduce emissions when previous years diesels have been £20 or less for the year!!

But when you think about it the Gov are going to want to get their lost revenue on fuel back somehow unfortunately.
Road tax changed a few years back, with it being a flat yearly rate of £140, which I think has now increased. First registration you are charged based on CO2 - I have actually paid £1700 for it on a previous car :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Road tax changed a few years back, with it being a flat yearly rate of £140, which I think has now increased. First registration you are charged based on CO2 - I have actually paid £1700 for it on a previous car :ROFLMAO:
Not had a newly registered car for a few years so fortunately missed on that bit joy!

£1700! Surely not a 1st year tax total?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All new hybrids are now charged at a flat rate of £140 after the first year.
Thanks for the confirmation. Im use to paying £20 road tax on my 1.0L petrol so just thought that a PHEV might have been £0 or in a similar price range ha! 😂

Either way I can't wait to get my A250e in Jan/Feb :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
And if it's over a certain price you pay a premium vehicle tax as part of it as well. Can get expensive fast.

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
And if it's over a certain price you pay a premium vehicle tax as part of it as well. Can get expensive fast.
Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000
You have to pay an extra £325 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.
You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts