Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how our eagerly awaited cars get to the UK from the factory in Rastatt?

I assume they are taken by train but to which port and then where do they dock in the UK?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well to answer my own question, it looks like it is the same as Audi - train to Bremen, ship to Grimsby. Hope my A220 doesn't sit at the port for two weeks like myTT did!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was told by the garage on Thursday that they can take one of two routes from the factory...Zeebrugge or a port in Holland to the UK. Mine is at the factory awaiting shipment, due to them on the 22nd! So it's getting nearer.....excited ...just a smidge!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take my hat off to Mercedes - they don't hag around. Mine was built on 25th Feb. Delivered to the dealer on 7th March and collected by me the next day. Really pleased with that service.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As far as I know deliveries to Southern europe are effected through the port of Monfalcone (Italy) by Grimaldi Lines RoRo services once per week.

Does someone knows whether the cars are delivered to loading ports by trains or trucks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts