Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
why am I not surprised your MPG is in the low 20’s ??
It’s great when you live in Ireland and live 1/4 mile from the border which in the north your not allowed out and then in the south isn’t the same restrictions and go and do 50 miles to take her into drift mode ??☝?

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It’s great when you live in Ireland and live 1/4 mile from the border which in the north your not allowed out and then in the south isn’t the same restrictions and go and do 50 miles to take her into drift mode ??☝?
Does it give you a RWD feel?
Once I get through the Break-in period, I'm interested in driving on the streets as long as its safe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It will more than likely be a ported resonant system, connected to the intake system. Similar to Porsche’s exhaust system.

Speaking to CarAdvice at the launch of the new cars, head of product planning for AMG compact cars, Bastian Bogenschutz, explained the difficulties posed by the new regulations.

“The regulations were getting pretty difficult for the sound to just come from the exhaust system,” Bogenschutz told CarAdvice.

“So we added the AMG pure performance sound, there we take the real sound from the exhaust system, the pulsation of the real sound and move it inside the car. It works together with the exhaust system.”

See previous thread on this:

My previous FL A45 had the exhaust On/off switch (sound generator function) and the same feature is found in my 2020 A45S. But according to my dealer, my car has no 'AMG Performance Sound' option added which cost us about $690.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't think we do!
It's a lot quieter than my previous 2018 A45. I remember reading somewhere AMG is not interested in making different exhaust system for other markets.
Mine does come with AMG exhaust but it's very subtle though. It also has Exhaust On/off switch which opens the valve but honestly, it's useless, and No AMG Performace Sound on my car.
I don't think I can stand synthetic sound inside the cabin.
If the A45s is anything like the A35 then the sound will gradually improve up to about 6-7,000 miles where the car sounds completely different than it did when new. Admittedly new cars definitely sound more muted these days though :confused:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts