Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kids have somehow deleted my sat nav. I've tried factory reset the MBUX but to no avail. Is there a way to get back the navigation.

This is the screen I keep getting. I would really appreciate any help thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Use the MBUX Navigation download utility and create a map database on a USB drive. The instructions will be provided on the application using Microsoft Windows. Once you insert this into your USB-C drive on the car, it should reinstall all the necessary files to get it working again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use the MBUX Navigation download utility and create a map database on a USB drive. The instructions will be provided on the application using Microsoft Windows. Once you insert this into your USB-C drive on the car, it should reinstall all the necessary files to get it working again.

Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, is there a link for MBUX Navigation download utility and how do create a map database

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you have a merrcedes me account first of all, which you can log into from a Windows PC?

Once you log in, you can go to the navigation section and follow the link to the download manager. Because you're logged into this portal, it will know exactly which map to download for your specific car.

If I'm not mistaken, you also must ensure the USB drive is formatted in the fat 32 state before you try to download the map files to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a merrcedes me account first of all, which you can log into from a Windows PC?

Once you log in, you can go to the navigation section and follow the link to the download manager. Because you're logged into this portal, it will know exactly which map to download for your specific car.

If I'm not mistaken, you also must ensure the USB drive is formatted in the fat 32 state before you try to download the map files to it.
Yes, I have a got an Mercedes me account I've downloaded and logged in and formatted my SD card put it into my laptop and have logged but then I get this message
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 16.19.54.png

·
Registered
A45sPlus Patagonia Red
90 Posts
I get that intermittently - I tried NTFS Fat32 and exFAT, eventually Fat32 worked, but others have used NTFS. I would do a full format, not a quick one, and make sure the SD is installed BEFORE you launch the app and log in. When that's working it will read the card. Good Luck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I’ve never come across anyone doing this with an SD card. Maybe the software is particular and wants a usb flash drive! Just a thought!!

·
Registered
A45sPlus Patagonia Red
90 Posts
I do it on an SD card in E220. Just depends if the car has a a lot for SD or not. I wouldn’t suggest plugging a usb card reader into the card with an SD slot though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did a full format on the SD card to FAT32 still no luck, still getting the same screen, has anyone got any other ideas?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I did a full format on the SD card to FAT32 still no luck, still getting the same screen, has anyone got any other ideas?
My car does not even like some USB A memory sticks so I would be inclined to use a native USB C memory stick and format it to NTFS. But first I would call Mercedes Me and see what they have to say, they are very helpful (within their limited knowledge base that is 🤣 )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts