Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a massive detour in Newcastle a couple of days ago that added around 12 miles onto my trip going through the city and god knows where I was instead of going round the outskirts, another command it couldn't manage to understand was find alternative route. Haydon Bride is closed and for the next ten minutes it just said turn around and head back that way. I think I will be relying on my google maps from now on. The GLA without the MBUK system was fine so it must be that

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a massive detour in Newcastle a couple of days ago that added around 12 miles onto my trip going through the city and god knows where I was instead of going round the outskirts, another command it couldn't manage to understand was find alternative route. Haydon Bride is closed and for the next ten minutes it just said turn around and head back that way. I think I will be relying on my google maps from now on. The GLA without the MBUK system was fine so it must be that
Yeah MBUX should allow voice command for alternative route. It's dangerous to fiddle with the screen at speed, and if this happens in a motorway, you can't just stop. I got this as well, where there's a massive traffic jam on the motorway that the TMC didn't show yet, got off the motorway, but the routing keeps wanting me to turn around again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Whilst I like the system (I find it pretty and easily understood/viewed), it has been poor in directing me to the correct final destination (be that using a full address from a contact or voice commands) and and has chosen very poor routing (such as on/off a motorway/dual carriageway, or directing you a very silly route). However, the routes I have use when avoiding motorway were pretty nice, which I like.

I have another thread on here discussing this, which degenerated into a don't use postcode debate, but was not the intent of that post (albeit my feeling is 6 digit Postcodes in the UK are reasonably accurate for a populated area).

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hi,
Can any one get the satellite map to work on MBUX cant seem to get it to change ??
Depends what you mean but with the satellite option just zoom out and you will see the satellite view.

It's of limited use really 🙄

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
I messed around with Apple car play last week. Selected Google maps and changed the view to satellite. Was full google earth on the screen. Couldn’t work out how to get it to show on drivers screen though. Dont think you can unless anyone knows differently.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts