Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so in the UK we're not used to this, but I've just come out to the car, and it's been so hot today, so the entire dash was so hot. The screens would not turn on. Music played, could hear the menus "clicking"... After about 10 minutes with air con in blast on LOW, both flickered into life. Left first and drivers second.

Anyone else ever had this? I assumed as the title says, they'd "overheated"?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my immediate thought

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the information, I've been looking for something similar as mine sits facing the afternoon and evening sun.

Just to confirm that the linked Fiat Palio/Panda version is the one that fits the W177 screen?

·
Registered
189 Posts
It’s a good fit in mine. Needs to be trapped in place with the sun visors. Not sure if a bigger one would need this.

I don’t try and fold it back into the small wallet every time as it’s a bit fiddly. I just fold in half and put on the back seat (as they are barely used)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Haven't had nay problems with my screens or sunroof and mine is sometimes parked in the sun all day in 40 degrees celcuus heat. I do religiously use a sun visor on the front windscreen when I park it. It dramatically helps with dash temps once you get back in thr car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having my A180d Sedan V177 with both 10" screens dead in the dealership for 3 weeks now, waiting for the part to arrive and replace them. I have noticed the overheating problem of the screens (10" or 7") and it's a shame Mercedes haven't prevented this issue. I have read many cars (CLAs, Hutchbacks, Sedans) have the same problem and (unfortunately mine too) some screens need to be replaced. With nowadays technology, a LCD screen shouldn't be overheated. I got a replace car until mine is fixed, it has both 10" screens and when driving on a sunny day during summer, they are hot too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts