Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I went to see a second hand W169 A-180 2012 at a trader yesterday.
When i opened the bonnet i saw this "discoloration" on the top right hand side.
The trader said that its "discoloration of the sealant and is nothing to worry about" however on the other side there was nothing like it.
I don't understand how this can happen... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would expect the sealant to be consistent on both sides however, as the car is 8 years there is a likelihood that the car have sustained some minor damage or that perhaps someone has dug out the old sealant to attempt to stop a water leak, if all the rest of the car looks ok I wouldn't worry. As a tip one & referring back to a possible water leak sometimes the water drain in the scuttle are near to the wiper spindles become blocked with debris so check it's clear if you buy the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, i appreciate the reply, and i agree, however the problem is that i am not able to assess if indeed this was minor damage or something to be more concerned about.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That doesn’t look right to me. It’s not the original sealant and looks like a bit of a bodge. It’s not even a matching colour. It’s a buyers market at the moment. If you’re unsure and not happy, walk away and look elsewhere. There are plenty more cars about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That doesn’t look right to me. It’s not the original sealant and looks like a bit of a bodge. It’s not even a matching colour. It’s a buyers market at the moment. If you’re unsure and not happy, walk away and look elsewhere. There are plenty more cars about.
Yes, i think that i will not be looking into this any further, im trying to think of a reason why it should be altered but i cant to be honest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.