Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've tried researching this online but i can't seem to find an accurate answer.

Do all UK Models have 'Seat Kinetics' and what exactly is it?

My A250 Premium Plus is due in a couple of weeks, will this have it included?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not sure if all have it. Mine has 250 PP. basically gives a massage effect. Meant to help on long journeys

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes you will have seat kinetics, it's part of the premium plus package as you have the electric seats

All it does is slightly move the seat base and backrest every so often, the reason for it is that over long journeys you don't get cramp in your legs or back.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes you will have seat kinetics, it's part of the premium plus package as you have the electric seats

All it does is slightly move the seat base and backrest every so often, the reason for it is that over long journeys you don't get cramp in your legs or back.
As 1of1A250 says the Seat Kinetics just moves the drivers seat & backrest slightly every few minutes, I tried it on a 4+ hour drive and arrived without aches and pains. I can't say it was a feature I craved for :rolleyes: but I can see the logic because a bit like taking a regular walk on long haul flights it does make you readjust your muscles from time to time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks for the information guys. I was semi hoping it meant a massage function! Wishful thinking... Can you actually tell when it readjusts the seat or is it minimal?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Okay thanks for the information guys. I was semi hoping it meant a massage function! Wishful thinking... Can you actually tell when it readjusts the seat or is it minimal?
Yeah i was hoping it was a sort of massage function too when i first got it but unfortunately not! And yes you can feel it move, its not much but defo noticeable.

Sometimes i turn it on for my passenger without warning and they freak out abit, i just act like it doesn't suppose to move and that they're going crazy lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i was hoping it was a sort of massage function too when i first got it but unfortunately not! And yes you can feel it move, its not much but defo noticeable.

Sometimes i turn it on for my passenger without warning and they freak out abit, i just act like it doesn't suppose to move and that they're going crazy lol
Ah that's a shame, nevermind! Lol can imagine that would freak them out!

Bit of a random one but does the A250 Premium Plus come with the seatbelt pretensioner (i think its called?). When you put the belt on it sort of tightens initially?

·
Registered
59 Posts
No it doesn't have the 'pre-tensioner' seat belts. I've only seen this on the bigger mercs like the E-class

·
Registered
165 Posts

Bit of a random one but does the A250 Premium Plus come with the seatbelt pretensioner (i think its called?). When you put the belt on it sort of tightens initially?
I believe that the A-Class comes with Pre Safe which includes a form of Pretensioning seat belts, see here

·
Registered
191 Posts

My A220 premium plus has it but it might be part of the Driving assistance pack which goes further to tighten the belt if the "Car" thinks your going to crash. I had a lorry wander across and narrow my lane, made me think of the times I've said "breath in" when going through a small gap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My a200 has it in Australia. Don't think I have any assistance packages. I recall my partners sister's 2016 base model a180 had it too. Might be different from country to country but strange why it's not standard across the range.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Pre-safe system is part of the driving assistance pack in the UK.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Pre-safe system is part of the driving assistance pack in the UK.
I have been trying to look into this and it seems to be yet another MB maze, I asked CS which models had PreSafe and was first told none have it but then I was told that PreSafe Plus is part of Parking Assist! I will start a new thgread when I have more info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts