Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've ordered my A Class AMG sport
and I've just realised my car will have the "Dynamic Handling Package with sports suspension (lowered by 15 mm) and Selective Damping System". What is the selective damping system? Is it a button selection of either comfort or sport mode like the Audis?

·
Registered
24 Posts
On my 180 komp clc it is a button beside the gearstick.Not sure if the a class will be similar<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">
<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that would make sense but I don't think I saw any buttons on the AMG version of the A class I test drove in

·
Registered
68 Posts
The B-class, which is the base chassis for an A-class also, comes with this feature and its "fully-automatic" no chance of fiddling with the settings at all....

"Active-chassis" are often used among car manufacturers to mask the incompetence of building a good chassis.....
It often ends up in "dead artificial" sense in the car, just face it; only Kinder-egg offers all-in-one , you have choose what compromise will work for your needs simply.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the Apple A Class app it said there is a sport button as standard on the AMG and AMG engineeredversion which changes the suspension.Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,
I have an A Class AMG Sport which has dynamic suspension with selective damping.
No buttons or switches as this function is automatically controlled by the ECU and adapts the ride depending on driving style.Edited by: mixonic2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts