Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have been 'alarmed' 馃ぃ a few times when my proximity sensors have go off when there is nothing near me. Typically this would be when I am turning right off a major road, positioned in the road correctly, indicators on, car approaching from opposite direction, allow car to pass but as I start to turn right the proximity alarm sounds and stays on despite there being no hazard, the passing car is long gone.

This doesn't happen often and I thought it might just be me but #AmgWales has just commented on another thread that he has something very similar. Does anyone else recognise this 'feature' :rolleyes:

Registered
Im having same. I have exact spot in my underground garage where my sensor goes crazy (red). There is a bicycle racks couple meters away from my parking spot, whenever i pass by, my sensors go mad, even though there is a massive gap between my car and racks...lol. Also happened several times exactly like you explained on the road. Turning right after a car long gone.. :D

Registered
Yes, I have encountered this. For me, the warning is only momentarily as I turn right. Could the proximity sensor be detecting the offside wheel sticking out from the wheel arch as the right turn is executed?

Registered
I encountered this on EVERY car I owned with sensors. My Golf 7 and 7,5 did it once a month randomly, my Opel did it almost daily randomly.
Sometimes you know it鈥檚 because a waterdrop is one the sensor, a piece of dust or a pedestrian.
But it鈥檚 just very sensitive technology. Of course they shouldn鈥檛 all go off at the same time multiple times a day.
But to be honest, I鈥檇 rather have it a little over sensitive than not.

Registered
MB A250 4M W177
Sensitive parking sensor can be little off by disabling in options, it should be on Car and the something option like parking sensor early warning? ( something like that )

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
What I'm experiencing is not over sensitive sensors, I don't think they are really, if I'm stationary and a bike passed me the sensor alarm goes off briefly but that's not a problem.

As described above if turning right the alarm seems to lock on for 10 seconds or so, it's very disconcerting when you are trying to undertake a manoeuvre.

Registered
MB A250 4M W177
Go Settings->Assist->Camera and Parking->Warn earlier on surroundings ( or something like that, but if translated from PL to ENG incorrectly it is first option )
It turns off too much sensitive sensors

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Go Settings->Assist->Camera and Parking->Warn earlier on surroundings ( or something like that, but if translated from PL to ENG incorrectly it is first option )
It turns off too much sensitive sensors
Yes I realise I turn them off, but I like things to work correctly

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
nothing to worry about.
Except that it may cause you to start your manoeuvre and then stop to appraise yourself of the false hazard leaving you marooned in the middle of the road. All very momentary but could cause an accident when it's designed to avoid them.

I agree it is probably just software but in my opinion it's about time MB started to acknowledged the bugs they have in their MBUX and publish a roadmap to resolve them rather than just ignoring them. If they did that there would be far fewer criticisms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts