Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,944 Posts
I find I've get used to it but it could be a case of the boy who cried wolf and we ignore it when we shouldn't.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What does turning off “warn early all round” do? Does it reduce the occurrences?
I've just played around with the options, turning off warn early all round just seems to reduce the audible alarm at the front to when the red bars come on but I couldn't see much other difference, certainly it made no difference to turning right when a car passes on the right. What has made a bit of difference though is changing the volume and particularly reducing the pitch as this means its not as 'shocking' but as @Forrester says this might not be a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
I've subsequently found this in the manual. Sounds like you should turn off the "Warn Early All Round" if you're getting excessive false warnings, as this changes the sensing distance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same issue. Sent my car to Mercedes to have a look at it. They tried to put the issue on the after market parts such as the new grill and flicks on the rear of the car even though the issues happened one year after.. The sensors would randomly go off when I would slow down or when a car was very far behind me. They had the car for two days to figure out the issue, just got an update and they ordered a new censor for the car and are trying to get the right paint colour now.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts