Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my service cancelled twice this month because the dealer can't get an air filter, (A180d sport)
If anyone is in a dealer this week could they check availability for me.
I really can't believe there are no air filters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An air filter already? according to service schedule it’s every 4 years or 46k miles o_Oo_O
Sorry I meant oil filter. I just can't believe that these are ordered in for each service, or that it takes over 6 weeks to get 1, that's how long it is since it was first booked.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sorry I meant oil filter. I just can't believe that these are ordered in for each service, or that it takes over 6 weeks to get 1, that's how long it is since it was first booked.
I find this hard to believe, when the engine is used in loads of Renaults, Nissans, Dacia's etc have you looked elsewhere for the filter to free issue to MB?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, it's a lease car with a service agreement, I have just spoken to Mercedes customer care and suggested the local dealer walks down to Halfords and gets one, but they say it must be a MB official part, so I have asked them which is best, 3rd party oil filter or no service...still waiting for an answer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I find this hard to believe, when the engine is used in loads of Renaults, Nissans, Dacia's etc have you looked elsewhere?
No, it's a lease car with a service agreement, I have just spoken to Mercedes customer care and suggested the local dealer walks down to Halfords and gets one, but they say it must be a MB official part, so I have asked them which is best, 3rd party oil filter or no service...still waiting for an answer.
Must be an MB official part? on a non MB engine? its a renault / nissan engine

·
Registered
83 Posts
To fulfill the conditions of the warranty genuine mercedes parts must be used otherwise it is void. Mercedes are being correct with this so it's no good banging on about it being a Renault engine...

·
Registered
112 Posts
To fulfill the conditions of the warranty genuine mercedes parts must be used otherwise it is void. Mercedes are being correct with this so it's no good banging on about it being a Renault engine...
I've also had my first A service cancelled last week due to no oil filters available. It's crazy.

Thing is I need the service done before month end otherwise I lose my warranty. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've also had my first A service cancelled last week due to no oil filters available. It's crazy.

Thing is I need the service done before month end otherwise I lose my warranty. Any suggestions?
I am lucky mine is a lease car belonging to MB finance, and as I am paying for services as part of the lease agreement I have asked for the lease to be terminated as MB can not fulfil there contract, will see what happens, I reckon by the times it gets serviced I could 5-6 k miles past the service mileage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I find this hard to believe, when the engine is used in loads of Renaults, Nissans, Dacia's etc have you looked elsewhere for the filter to free issue to MB?
Much as I would love to buy one apparently there are none, tbh though Its their car and if they can't service it I will have to terminate the lease, it really is unbelievable that a basic part like this is unavailable, I wonder if production is on hold too.

·
Registered
442 Posts
also to fulfill warranty conditions you need to have a service within a certain mileage / age of vehicle, so either way your warranty 'would' be at risk. I know id rather fit a non MB filter than to run it past the service interval with dirty filter...... Just sayin'

·
Registered
112 Posts
also to fulfill warranty conditions you need to have a service within a certain mileage / age of vehicle, so either way your warranty 'would' be at risk. I know id rather fit a non MB filter than to run it past the service interval with dirty filter...... Just sayin'
Just spoke to Merc Warrington parts bloke who said their are no filters available anywhere. He said that if the service is carried out by Merc ONLY then the oil would be changed without a new filter and the warranty stays intact. When a new filter becomes available car would have it fitted at no extra cost.
In other words, service done in 2 visits but treated as if it was all done on the first visit.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just spoke to Merc Warrington parts bloke who said their are no filters available anywhere. He said that if the service is carried out by Merc ONLY then the oil would be changed without a new filter and the warranty stays intact. When a new filter becomes available car would have it fitted at no extra cost.
In other words, service done in 2 visits but treated as if it was all done on the first visit.
If it were me, I'd want the oil to be changed again once the new filter was fitted... What the point of replacing the oil if the filter is past it? Just my opinion of course. I'd also be suggesting that in the interim, mercdes go get a filter from Euro Car parts or similar motor factors... and yes they are available I have checked.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The engine in the 180d (OM608) is manufactured by Renault, but only for use in Mercedes cars. It shares a lot of parts with the Renault engine it originates from (K9K), but has some different parts including ECU, stop start system, flywheel and other ancillaries. That could well mean the oil filter is different as well.
Also, the car doesn’t need to be maintained by the franchise dealer to maintain the warranty. This has been changed by EU legislation many years ago. It does however need to be done to the manufacturers schedule, using OEM (approved) parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well quite, so have you posed this question to Mercedes? If they fit a non Mercedes part then, if the car is financed, they are complicit in being in breach of the finance terms. Hung whatever they do...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still can not get an answer from MBUK or MB Finance as to whether they want the car serviced with out the oil filter change or should I jyst keep driving, our company who lease the car from MB finance are giving them a week to put something in writing or the lease will be terminated. I am already 3200miles over due.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A quick update, car now booked for a service on Tuesday. But the oil filter will be changed at a later date, not sure if the oil will be changed again when the filter is changed though, I hope so as running new oil through an old dirty filter can't be good.
What a state for a company to get in!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts