Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone taken out or been offered any form of service package with their new A Class?

Some manufacturers do some really good service deals on new cars but I haven't had anything mentioned to me yet despite the hard sell on various protections and GAP etc!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Igot mine on a two year lease with full maintenance including tyres !!. The service element of the rentalworks out at£25 a month (although I didn't add it; it was part of the package). The cheapest other deal available to me at the time was only £8 a month cheaper without maintenance.
The way I see it I just need to go through one set of tyres and I will have saved some money..........gives me a good excuse to do some wheel spinning burnouts!!

Edited by: nuvolablue

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having just had my Audi's first service as it approaches 2 years old ( a requirement of the trade-in deal) , I think the Mercedes schedule of an annual service is going to work out very expensive at those rates. (The Audi service cost just £250 - so effectively £125 per year!) Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
82 Posts
mon2s said:
Having just had my Audi's first service as it approaches 2 years old ( a requirement of the trade-in deal) , I think the Mercedes schedule of an annual service is going to work out very expensive at those rates. (The Audi service cost just £250 - so effectively £125 per year!)

Yes I hear you, but the way I see it I didn't go out and pay £25 a month to get a full maintenance package, it was effectively included in the lease rates I got, and as I said the cheapest I could find without maintenance was £8 a month cheaper, so at less than £200 over thetwo years, (and based on your post), I think I did quite well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup - you've certainly got a good deal as part of your lease - especially considering it includes tyres!
However, the standard Mercedes service plan is poor value but I'm not going to dwell on it any longer. Nearly new car time!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just to bring this up again, for the model I am looking at (180 sport) this is £22.50 per month.
I am told by the dealer that we have to service once a year or every 15000 miles (for me would be once a year) and that it works out cheaper than taking the car for individual services with MB.....so it totals £810 over the 3 year deal....will it really cost me £270 per year + to service this bad boy?

Anyone have any thoughts on that? Anyone else taken out the service pack?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are you bound to have it serviced by MB dealerships ? Could you not buy genuine MB parts and get an independent dealer to do the servicing for you ? Not sure if that invalidates your warranty, but would certainly be cheaper.
Would be horrible if it DID cost you £270 per year !!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll find it will cost around that if you ask your local MB service dept. Slightly less for an 'A' service and more than that for a 'B' service. Its notoriously expensive to run a Merc compared to other brands.

You are not bound to stay within MB but I wouldn't go outside the dealer network to save a hundred quid here and there while the car is in warranty period. I just feel you will get much more goodwill if something goes wrong if your car has been serviced in-house.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow - that is major expensive! To service a brand new car that will barely do 8000 a year - that's ridiculous really isn't it?!
Nuvola I am going to check - but I have a feeling that it does invalidate the warranty. Bit of a pants down if you ask me!

Will try and get some knocked off, seeing as though there is not a penny off the car itself!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The dealer has phoned me 3 times to sell me the service...each time then going to send me the details and the "discounted" price...I am still waiting! Nothing has been forthcoming. I didn't look at servicing costs when I bought the car to be honest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took out the service care last week it works out at about 18.75+vat so 22.50 a month so 270 per service not bad really as it costs me 285 for my van to be serviced by vauxhall , i didnt get any heavy selling on this either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts