Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got any idea of servicing costs?

I pick up my A220 CDI soon and I'm hoping I can take some of the internet's indications with a pinch of salt!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i Have just taken out the service care package its fixed at £18 +vat per month on the 3 year package

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ive taken out a service pack and it's costing me £20.50/month fixed for 3 years - 3 services. I average about 12000 miles/year and I'd rather pay a monthly amount than a lump sum every service.

·
Registered
112 Posts
mine came with 3 years free service or 75000klms

·
Registered
150 Posts
Did you got corporate deal joesbuell? That is absolutely awesome free servicing for first 75,000kms or 3 years. Should be worth I would guess at least $1200-1500 I would guess.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah Jason I did because of where I work I'm happy with that. I just don't know about the 25000k service interval!
Seams strange to run oil for that long with out changing...I do my other vehicles at 5000k and would never dream of 25000k!!!

Mercedes must be confidant in there product and the oil they run.Edited by: joesbuell

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Joesbuell,

</span>Yeah, I spoke with a mechanic at Mercedes Benz with same query. He told me that it would be fine, Mercedes cars are intelligent in that they monitor how you drive, and will let you know when they need a service. So even though it is yearly/25000km if you drove your car hard or did lots of short little trips I think your service reminder would come up much quicker.

</span>I would definitely book it in for a service as soon as it comes to remind you though.

:)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Don't worry, modern oils can cope - my previous car (Audi) was 18000 miles (30000km) or 2 years between service - whichever came first.

So the Merc is quite conservative with 12 month or 15000 mile servicing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have the 250 engineered and just signed up to the service package @ £22.00 per month for 3 yrs covering 3 services.

The service guy couldn't find an amount for the A250 so put me on the normal service cost.

He said the thrid service is about £490 so i think this is a good deal. If your thinking if this i would do it soon before MB realise and put the price up for AMG's.

Chris

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've (finally) had my service agreement payment schedule through and all of a sudden, VAT has been added to the *all inclusive* price of £22.50 per month that is stated everywhere! The website quotes ""˜Prices shown are fully inclusive monthly rates ""“ based on number of services and payment term'

So now the monthly figure is £27 or £324 per year. I've email MB as I feel the way they are marketing this is deceptive and at nearly £1000 for three services is pretty bloody extortionate compared to their key rivals.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the only advantage if monthly payments is to budget your costs and even so you will be expected to pay for discs, pads and all non service items. I looked at costs and there was no saving to be had by paying monthly, especially in early years when service costs are lowest.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm paying the £27 per month for 4 years or 4 services. Without a doubt the A class servicing is more expensive than for example BMW servicing. My previous 1 Series was 20,000 miles or 2 year intervals. Having said that this service plan takes me to 77500 miles until I need to outlay for a service again so not too bad.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm just going to pay for the service when its due. I'll shop around the MB dealers and hopefully get a good price. That certainly worked with my Audi when it was due for its first service (after 2 years!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
In South Africa all the A class models comes standard with a 6year full maintenance plan(incl services and all parts excl tyres)

·
Registered
191 Posts
zimatre said:
In South Africa all the A class models comes standard with a 6year full maintenance plan(incl services and all parts excl tyres)
yes, we have this too. 6 years of service "for free"

·
Registered
97 Posts
So how much would a first service cost anyway if you're not with any service pack? I'm thinking of getting a 3 year service pack but not sure whether it is worth it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The first service (for 180 diesel anyway) is £249 the second which has to include an oil changes is just under £500 and I think the third one goes back down to £249

1 - 20 of 26 Posts