Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I moved to UK 3 months ago and now finally buying 2019 A200 AMG Line Premium :)
I was wondering if someone can tell me about the service plan, is it a good idea? Mercedes Benz of Cambridge told me they do £30 a month. The car I'm buying has 9500 miles on so I guess the first service will be due shortly, but I don't know the cost. I've seen somewhere on this forum the prices for it but can't find it anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
There’s a 20% off offer on until the end of Sept, if you pay upfront.

You can also get the monthly cost on the link above, if you don’t want to pay upfront (but you won’t get the 20% discount).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome. thanks
Might be a stupid question but don't really understand what's going on here. It says that with discount it's 633.30 pounds. Is that for just 1 year or? I hope it isn't

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
I take it your car is over 12 months old?

£633.30 is the total upfront cost for 2 services over 2 years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I don't know if I'm gonna have that car for 2 years. I usually change cars quite often as I like to try different models and get better one every time so I don't know if this is the best option for me. Thanks anyway. really appreciate it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey folks, I recently bought a 68 plate A200 Sport with an auto 7 gear transmission. I plan to do <5k miles a year, and my next service is due Jan 2021.

Mercedes is running a promotion on service care plan (discount code SC20) which is going to cost me 633 GBP upfront cost (down from 792) which will cover next two services. Is this a reasonable deal?

How much is it usually to get a car like mine serviced (2 year old, <5k miles on it) if I don't buy the service care plan and just pay it when I bring it to the shop?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Take a look at this thread. The answer from me is that it is worth getting.

Reactions: bazinga511

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have taken out the service plan for my car when i got it in 2016. It was £30 a month I did two services. I then gave it back after 3 years for an A200 the same as yours. I called them to cancel my old service plan as i got a new car. They refunded me roughly £300. I personally would get the service plan as after the 3 or 4 years you return your car they will give you the money back which was taken for the plan. Plus you do save having to fork out when your service is due. Mercedes seem to like charging alot of a simple service really.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I have taken out the service plan for my car when i got it in 2016. It was £30 a month I did two services. I then gave it back after 3 years for an A200 the same as yours. I called them to cancel my old service plan as i got a new car. They refunded me roughly £300. I personally would get the service plan as after the 3 or 4 years you return your car they will give you the money back which was taken for the plan. Plus you do save having to fork out when your service is due. Mercedes seem to like charging alot of a simple service really.
Same when I changed A45 to the A45s. Then as I have mentioned on another thread I had already taken out the plan with the new A45s when the 20% discount was announced so I cancelled and paid upfront for 3 years and got the installments fully refunded with no admin fee. The MB refund is very slow though. It takes around two months and invariably they will take another months payment which they then refund when that comes through.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car will have to go for a service B and the quote that I'm getting is 335 ponds. And it looks like that I only need engine oil and oil filter change. The rest is just some checks they'll do on the car nothing else. Does that sound reasonable for the service B?

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
Sounds cheap/about right for a Service B from a main dealer :)

See:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you think I can get it cheaper from not a merc service? They are saying that they will only change oil and the oil filter. Kind of surprised that it. what about the air filter for example? Also, anyone knows when you change the gearbox oil?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is what it says on the website

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
This is the service details for the A250, yours won't be too different.

Note that the website post above says "Key Features" - not exhaustive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The car I'm buying has 9500 miles on so I guess the first service will be due shortly, but I don't know the cost. I've seen somewhere on this forum the prices for it but can't find it anymore.
Don't forget that if it's an approved used Mercedes then Mercedes may cover the first service for you...

Service Cover
If your vehicles is due a service in the first 3,000 miles or 3 months of ownership (whichever comes first), we will cover the cost.

From

1 - 20 of 63 Posts