Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi!! Great car!! Just wondering is that a factory a35 aerodynamic wing, looking to get one on my car!! Saw you got a custom exhaust as well, just wondering have you got the check engine light since you removed the GPF? I was looking to modify my exhaust but don't want to mess anything too much. I was thinking of just swapping my cat back to a Brabus Valvetronic exhaust!!!
Hi, No its a aftermarket AMG spoiler which is just a copy of the original, cost about £200 off eBay. I've had my car remapped after i took out the GPF to delete the emissions sensors so no issues for me there!

If you go with the brabus exhaust you will have no issues with an sensors, the brabus system doesn't interfere with the GPF. But it cost about £2200 + installation cost :| . There's a few other companies that do exhausts for the W177 A250 which would be a lot cheaper. The ones i know are: Stone exhausts, iPE Exhausts and i think Armytrix do one too. I don't know their prices but will probably be around £1000 + installation for a cat-back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, No its a aftermarket AMG spoiler which is just a copy of the original, cost about £200 off eBay. I've had my car remapped after i took out the GPF to delete the emissions sensors so no issues for me there!

If you go with the brabus exhaust you will have no issues with an sensors, the brabus system doesn't interfere with the GPF. But it cost about £2200 + installation cost :| . There's a few other companies that do exhausts for the W177 A250 which would be a lot cheaper. The ones i know are: Stone exhausts, iPE Exhausts and i think Armytrix do one too. I don't know their prices but will probably be around £1000 + installation for a cat-back.
How does the spoiler fit? I am looking to get one of it on aliexpress as well!!! Maybe on eBay too. Is urs a private seller?

Just found out almost all of the exhaust out there won't fit on my car since I got a bigger fuel tank 51L. I am quite confused about the exhaust, I know the GPF is at the front, and then there is a centre muffler and then the cat back with Valvetronic system. Is that correct? Sorry, I am still trying to figure out the exhaust bit. Thanks for the reply tho!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
How does the spoiler fit? I am looking to get one of it on aliexpress as well!!! Maybe on eBay too. Is urs a private seller?

Just found out almost all of the exhaust out there won't fit on my car since I got a bigger fuel tank 51L. I am quite confused about the exhaust, I know the GPF is at the front, and then there is a centre muffler and then the cat back with Valvetronic system. Is that correct? Sorry, I am still trying to figure out the exhaust bit. Thanks for the reply tho!!
The spoiler fits fine, the only issue is the mounts on the sides, the mod shop that fitted it for me had to make an additional small mount to make it fit flush, otherwise the side mounts aren't big enough. I've seen another A200 which had probably the same spoiler as me as he had those extra small mounts too. I'm not sure about the one on aliexpress, that may have a better fit. The eBay seller was called motorboy2016 i think, he does a few other body mod parts for the A class as well.

Your exhaust from the turbo-back would be a downpipe with a CAT in it, then the GPF underneath the car, then centre muffler, then it goes into the backbox (muffler) which then has 2 tailpipes out of it for the left and right side. And the right tailpipe is the one with the Valve which only opens in sport mode above about 2500-3000rpm.

I got mine done from custom exhaust fabricators which can make your exhaust however you want it so it will always fit!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can you add pictures with details of the spoiler?
How it is fitted? Do you have to drill the roof? Is it fixed also in the left right sides? I see there are two exterior small wings, are those fixed to the top or they just stay in the air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
How it is fitted? Do you have to drill the roof? Is it fixed also in the left right sides? I see there are two exterior small wings, are those fixed to the top or they just stay in the air?

From my knowledge, the spoiler has to be drilled into the roof, I think there are some places on the roof have reserved for it? I am not sure.
you can have a look at this video for your preference. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, Well here's my A200AMG premium line, had it about 4 months now and still trying to get my head around the MBUX system, but slowly getting there. been back to MB 3 times for software issues like a few of you have had, just hope it gets better from now. Cheers John.

·
Registered
61 Posts

I will get you some pictures later as i'm not with my car right now.

There is 2 holes drilled on the roof and it is fixed on both the left and right sides.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Sorry for the late reply but here's some pics.

This is the fitting for the left/right sides of the spoiler, the glossy black part is part of the spoiler that i ordered and the matte black bits is what the mod shop fitted for me to make the spoiler fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!

I would like to see the Aclasses you guys drive, any extra mods etc let’s show it of here!

This is my A220, new grill new exhaust tips and got my muffler deleted

Here you can hear the sound of the exhaust:
Dude - that exhaust sounds tidy, im taking delivery of my first merc next month.. a250 amg line.. how much did the exhaust set you back?

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is the fitting for the left/right sides of the spoiler, the glossy black part is part of the spoiler that i ordered and the matte black bits is what the mod shop fitted for me to make the spoiler fit.
From where did the shop got those matte pieces? Are those required/mandatory for fitting the spoiler?
Now is even more confusing, if I get the spoiler then from where do I get the matte plastic parts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
From where did the shop got those matte pieces? Are those required/mandatory for fitting the spoiler?
Now is even more confusing, if I get the spoiler then from where do I get the matte plastic parts?

They did that part themselves, i don't know where they got it from.

Yeah it was mandatory otherwise the spoiler would be loose.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts