Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had this problem Gavloz,

Found out you need to go in to Bluetooth settings on our IPhone, click on the MB profile and select notifications to be on.

If you've to the audio20 it will only show texts ou recieve in the car, which is fine.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I've got a Samsung Galaxy 3 and when the girl paired it today at my car pickup, the texts showed on the screen!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just found the SMS on the standard unit this morning after switching on 'Notifications' on my iPhone 5 last night. Once again this was thanks to a posting on this forum. Also read last night that the heating control settings of thestandardaircon flash up on the bottom of the tablet momentarily when adjusting it. I tested this morning and there it was!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Car's fantastic but I must remember to watch the road and not play with all the toys inside so much! I've only found the SMS last night so I'm still exploring. Up to now I've only made andreceivedcalls. The reversing camera is excellent but I would still have preferred beepers which tell you if you are too near something. The map pilot volume is not an issue once I knew that you could turn the volume up on the steering wheel when it is talking (thanks again to help on this forum). When I first got the car the Map Pilot was only part postcodes but once updated it is now a lot better with full postcodes. I'm continuing picking little bits up from postings which help a great deal.I have done just over 200 miles (driving like I'd got Miss Daisy in the back) but I did just test the throttle a little bit this morning and was highly delighted!
returning between 40 & 45 mpg so far.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Anzz, Are you saying that there are no beepers at the back with the Parkatronic? I thought there were. Will be very careful using it, if I ever do! Certainly got them in the front! Car going ok? We have so much to play with now. Has your wife borrowed it yet? I think it was you who said that she was going to pose in it? I think my husband is more nervous than I was, don't think he's ready to drive it yet!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lynne said:
Anzz, Are you saying that there are no beepers at the back with the Parkatronic? I thought there were. Will be very careful using it, if I ever do! Certainly got them in the front! Car going ok? We have so much to play with now. Has your wife borrowed it yet? I think it was you who said that she was going to pose in it? I think my husband is more nervous than I was, don't think he's ready to drive it yet!
I think, he was talking about the camera. Parktronic will beep, but if you have only the cam, there's no alarm.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The parktronic only beeps when you get to the red light on the display

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That is ok then, I might have just kept reversing but I thought I had the sensors, aguycalleddb! The warnings are fab, and the brakes. Yesterday this cyclist pulled off the pavement straight in front of me, the car stopped on a sixpence! He was very grateful! Then some clown stopped dead in front of me, the alarm went and you could stop immediately! Such a safe car! Brilliant! I was driving sensibly on both occasions!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lynne said:
That is ok then, I might have just kept reversing but I thought I had the sensors, aguycalleddb! The warnings are fab, and the brakes. Yesterday this cyclist pulled off the pavement straight in front of me, the car stopped on a sixpence! He was very grateful! Then some clown stopped dead in front of me, the alarm went and you could stop immediately! Such a safe car! Brilliant! I was driving sensibly on both occasions!

Nice one Lynne, thank god for decent brakes, the last thing you need is lippy all over tose lovely seats

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Don't know about the lippy, Millsy, it's the fried mars bar holder that has confused me! Lol!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi I have reversing camera and no parktronic so I don't have beepers. Got to rely on them in my old car. My wife's driven me home from pub so far

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I was the chauffeur today, Anzz. Loved it! Lovely to drive. The sun comes out every time I am in it! Lol! Perhaps it is just the way I feel!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts