Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you lot take your car out for a DRIVE,and when I say drive I mean as in for no other reason than the pleasure of driving the car.

Me and the Mrs will happily drive for hours on end,putting hundreds of miles on the car for no other reason than the fun of it.
For some a car is just a transport device to get from A - B ,but how many of you guys use the car for the bit inbetween?

·
3,312 Posts
I prefer being able to take it for a spin on my own. You obviously have an other half who is in to the speed, noise and sheer exuberance of the A45 experience such as taking corners and roundabouts at great g-forces.

Reactions: AMGSingapore

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was really pleased to see this post, I have been doing this very thing every weekend since I bought the car in July. Aside from just the pure pleasure of driving it, I have found that it's really helped with respect to the restrictions we are all living under at the moment. I normally drive out into the countryside on a Saturday afternoon and just follow the wind. Because I work from home anyway, it gives me a much needed change of scenery. There's also the feeling of being 'out and about' in civilization whilst being in a completely safe environment. Rain or shine, light or dark, I love it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Before the pandemic, once a week - always night hours - I bought a cup of coffee from my favorite coffee shop, pop in to my car and drive for one hour only with my thoughts as a companion and listen to jazz music. This is something that helped me a lot to release the stress inside me. Driving is the best medicine almost for everything!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I definitely like to take mine out for “no reason”. But usually take it out alone as the ride quality is too harsh and the acceleration too abrupt for my better half. .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts