Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have to worry (about loosing coolant) at the min due to some clown reversing in to me

·
Super Moderator
2,436 Posts
'kinell.

You have our sympathies. What a knob. Why didn't his reversing beepers tell him there was something behind him.

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, biggest problem is getting parts new model etc i assume.
he is very lucky i didnt clump him, thank god for dash cams, plus he had reversing camera and a rear view mirror !!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Pure mistake you can forgive (but still hurts) but pure stupidity is a totally different thing ! .... not good that buddy

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Destroyed grille, bumper/front end split by headlight, badge and sensors and main radiator, the rad proving hard to obtain, no miles going on car is only bonus

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ahh I feel your pain man. **** happens just one of them things. Whats the damage looking like and are you giving it Mercedes to repair?

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh I feel your pain man. **** happens just one of them things. Whats the damage looking like and are you giving it Mercedes to repair?
cheers but yes one of them things.
new grille, badge, sensors, front bumper etc and new radiator, insurance nominated bodyshop so it best be top notch or i wont be happy,

·
Super Moderator
2,436 Posts
If the damage had been greater and involved some structural work, my advice to you would be to read the small print of your insurance policy.

Usually, it says that you can nominate your own bodyshop, usually with a small cost (say £100), you'll also not get your insurance company arranging a courtesy car for you etc.

But the advantage of going down your own bodyshop is, that you can choose an approved M-B bodyshop, at the end of the repair you would get an electronic M-B certificate of repair which stays with the car for it's lifetime, and a repair guarantee (usually longer than a 'normal' bodyshop).

PS: (Unless you object, I'll move these accident related posts into a new thread later, just to keep the coolant topic tidy for future forum readers).

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the damage had been greater and involved some structural work, my advice to you would be to read the small print of your insurance policy.

Usually, it says that you can nominate your own bodyshop, usually with a small cost (say £100), you'll also not get your insurance company arranging a courtesy car for you etc.

But the advantage of going down your own bodyshop is, that you can choose an approved M-B bodyshop, at the end of the repair you would get an electronic M-B certificate of repair which stays with the car for it's lifetime, and a repair guarantee (usually longer than a 'normal' bodyshop).

PS: (Unless you object, I'll move these accident related posts into a new thread later, just to keep the coolant topic tidy for future forum readers).
to be fair insurance have been great but i reckon as i had dash cam so no disputes
all parts are coming from Merc and insurance will provide a cert confirming warranty of 5 years for all parts.
body shop invited me to inspect each stage of the repairs to confirm i am happy.
i will be taking in to Merc when i have the car back for a full health check and inspection and they can fit the new coolant tank thats taken weeks to get but still not arrived.
or i may just sell the car and get something else.
yes by all means move or delete the post

cheers

·
Registered
AMG CLA 45S Plus, Designo Patagonia Red on order..,
44 Posts
Jesus - feel your pain... how on earth did he try explaining that? What a ****...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Really sorry to hear and see. I found Aviva were very good when someone went in to my previous A45 and I had the car back in a week. It sounds as though your insurance company is good too.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Markamg

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i really think i should just give in !
went to hire car friday 1500 all good, went to car yesterday approx same time and front end caved in, no details left there some real dickheads out there.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
i really think i should just give in !
went to hire car friday 1500 all good, went to car yesterday approx same time and front end caved in, no details left there some real dickheads out there.
I really know what you are going through. It was a hit run on my A45 where some thick inconsiderate dick dented the passenger door. I posted about it at the time and it cost me half of my no claims discount.

Good luck getting it all back to as new.

Reactions: Markamg
1 - 20 of 28 Posts