Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I really know what you are going through. It was a hit run on my A45 where some thick inconsiderate dick dented the passenger door. I posted about it at the time and it cost me half of my no claims discount.

Good luck getting it all back to as new.
cheers, ok on insurance front as have protected no claims but i am sure they will invent a new rule and cane me on renewal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Even if it’s not your fault then premiums will likely rise. If you have had an accident you are considered a higher risk. Someone ran into me a few years ago (not my fault) and premium went up about 20%

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Even if it’s not your fault then premiums will likely rise. If you have had an accident you are considered a higher risk. Someone ran into me a few years ago (not my fault) and premium went up about 20%
yes i am sure that will happen, i will kick off though as dash cam clearly shows i am not at fault, its all bollocks really why should non fault suffer for the actions of the dickheads on the road that cant drive.
cheers

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
latest update
no A/C condensors available in Germany or in fact Europe, could be without car for 12 weeks, AMG just copped it and complaint gone in, will be selling if i ever get it back

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
That is a shocker.

Although I suspect it’s the same story for all marques, Covid shutdown meant supply chains for all components are in short supply with a huge backlog.

Not automotive related, but to illustrate the effect of shutdown even in Chinese factories (which were opened way ahead of Europe) but I’ve had HD webcams and HQ audio headsets on order since March, explosion of growth in home working, they just can’t fulfill the orders.

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That is a shocker.

Although I suspect it’s the same story for all marques, Covid shutdown meant supply chains for all components are in short supply with a huge backlog.

Not automotive related, but to illustrate the effect of shutdown even in Chinese factories (which were opened way ahead of Europe) but I’ve had HD webcams and HQ audio headsets on order since March, explosion of growth in home working, they just can’t fulfill the orders.
quite correct what you are saying mate, there was a backlog building when i ordered last november, now if i worked for merc i would placed orders for parts back then, but who am i lol but i do know i am thousands down and no car

·
Registered
6 Posts
What an airhead, that's terrible! We've all made mistakes but that is not excusable. Were you in the car at the time? That horrible situation where you're trying to get on the horn in time.....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts