Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just completed some upgrades over the weekend.

Did the:

-Panamericana Grill (high quality aftermarket since the OEM doesn’t fit AMG Line bumpers)

-OEM A35/45 rear flicks (from Kunzmann )

-OEM A35 front flaps (from Kunzmann)

-OEM A35 lower front grills with Chrome trim (from Kunzmann)

Will post better pictures later. These are just quick shots before the sun went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all

Just completed some upgrades over the weekend.

Did the:

-Panamericana Grill (high quality aftermarket since the OEM doesn’t fit AMG Line bumpers)

-OEM A35/45 rear flicks (from Kunzmann )

-OEM A35 front flaps (from Kunzmann)

-OEM A35 lower front grills with Chrome trim (from Kunzmann)

Will post better pictures later. These are just quick shots before the sun went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How hard was it to pull out the and replace the front flaps/fins. I currently have the standard black ones. looking to replace with gloss black.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just saw your questions now.

I bough 3 different grills and was shocked by the huge difference in quality. There’s 12 vertical lines in the OEM A45 one but most aftermarket ones have more or they are very thin or way to bulky. I also bought one that was flat and not curvy. The curvy design is the whole key in the A45. So just look out. In the end I found a compromise that was good quality and the right design. And trust me; IT’S a huge design improvement from the diamond grill. It something that will actually make you turn your head when your leaving the car one more time... that says it all.
Also be aware if you need a hole for the 360 camera or not. Also get a version where the holes of the parking sensors matches the hight of your current ones. (Hint: you need them at the bottom like mine - many have then one row up which will give you false alarms)

The front chrome “fog light” trims are a must to install while you have the bumper off anyway. It’s just 30 minutes more and compliments your new front grill immensely.

I just answered a user here on what to do. But please just ask if you have questions regarding the above or the front and rear flaps.

Link to the front chrome trims:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I just saw your questions now.

I bough 3 different grills and was shocked by the huge difference in quality. There’s 12 vertical lines in the OEM A45 one but most aftermarket ones have more or they are very thin or way to bulky. I also bought one that was flat and not curvy. The curvy design is the whole key in the A45. So just look out. In the end I found a compromise that was good quality and the right design. And trust me; IT’S a huge design improvement from the diamond grill. It something that will actually make you turn your head when your leaving the car one more time... that says it all.
Also be aware if you need a hole for the 360 camera or not. Also get a version where the holes of the parking sensors matches the hight of your current ones. (Hint: you need them at the bottom like mine - many have then one row up which will give you false alarms)

The front chrome “fog light” trims are a must to install while you have the bumper off anyway. It’s just 30 minutes more and compliments your new front grill immensely.

I just answered a user here on what to do. But please just ask if you have questions regarding the above or the front and rear flaps.

Link to the front chrome trims:

Maybe a quick link to where you bought the grill? The quality you have looks better then most resellers and I think it would help a lot of people.

·
Registered
A35 AMG
33 Posts
Guide for the grille here: W177 Pan Grille Guide

Stinger has opted for a grille with extra vertical lines, these are available in the UK from CKS performance, however most A35 owners opt for the 12 vertical lines. You may also need to consider that the grille has a radar bracket installed, many do not.

As stinger points out there is a huge variation in Panamericana grilles, before I started selling them in my store, I fell foul of buying one with incorrectly positioned parking sensors and no radar bracket.. it is now an art piece on my garage wall :)

You can actually have the parking sensors calibrated if you make the error of installing the grille and you can't be bothered with the task again :)

·
Registered
37 Posts

Stinger has opted for a grille with extra vertical lines, these are available in the UK from CKS performance, however most A35 owners opt for the 12 vertical lines. You may also need to consider that the grille has a radar bracket installed, many do not.

As stinger points out there is a huge variation in Panamericana grilles, before I started selling them in my store, I fell foul of buying one with incorrectly positioned parking sensors and no radar bracket.. it is now an art piece on my garage wall :)

You can actually have the parking sensors calibrated if you make the error of installing the grille and you can't be bothered with the task again :)
Hi, I have sent an email but I haven't received an answer yet, does the grille fit in non AMG models (A200 AMG line perhaps)?

·
Registered
2 Posts

hi viper one dont suppose you have a photo of your chrome one installed at all ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts