Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any of the A models have sound proofing material under the bonnet? At least my A180 petrol doesn't have any. I was just wondering, if it's possible to get one that's originally designed for the A class.

EDIT: Spotted this pic in the newbies section, so at least the 180 CDI has some. Coud someone here with a petrol engine check theirs please?

http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/uploads/225/IMG_1116_Medium.JPG

Edited by: Legge

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe this is one of the option part in some country

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
my a250 hasn't got any sound proofing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couldn't find it on any options list. Maybe it's only for the diesels.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As I knew, the sound proofing stuff could be found in some early reviews but at least isa listed option in Taiwan.

Don't know whether the A250 Sport I will get in Australia got that stuff though

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered one for my A180 petrol. My dealer didn't find a part number for petrol models. However, the bonnet number is same for all engines, so the one made for diesels should fit. Costs 46 euros in Finland.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got the parts and did the installation yesterday. Not a huge difference but worth the money.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thats sweet! might have to try consider one myself..

·
Registered
581 Posts
woody said:
The only sound proofing ill be buying for my 45 will be to put over my neighbours ears lol.
Haha Woody Naah let them suffer or enjoy it as I see it. Well I've just been for a sprightly drive in my A45. And just wondering if its to do with helping heat escape the engine bay. Because of the weather the droplets of water on my bonnet are turning to steam. So maybe that extra layer would dampen the sound but then trap more heat....

·
Registered
727 Posts
Could be mate as it will restrict air flow which isnt a good idea, perhaps 250 owners should take that into consideration.
Luckily as far as mornings are concerned i dont have to go out early or they might not need an alarm clock, they will know when i go out at tea time though lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think it might be a cost saving for MB, but it could also be to allow heat to be released faster as mentioned too. I noticed after a drive, the sides especially the gaps on the left and right fender is very very hot! Anyone experience or noticed this before? I put my hand on the bonnet and front it's no where as hot as the sides, so you guys might have a point there why MB didn't include in the A250. Edited by: vdub

1 - 20 of 23 Posts