Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been surprised to find that my A250 as no sound proofing under the hood, every other car I have had for the past 20 odd years has had this sound proofing and as the A250 is not the quietest car out there I wondered if irt would help to have it. I know that the diesel cars have sound proofing so I did a quick search and found this:

Just wondered whether anyone had tried it

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It’s to do with the cooling requirements of the engine/turbo.

The W176 A45 was the same, the bonnet got really hot after driving the car, the engine/turbo needs to dissipate the heat through the bonnet, insulation will prevent this happpening.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The main source of cabin noise in the W177 is tyre noise. This drowns out everything else when on the motorway/dual carriageway so I don't think this would really help. But as @veeeight says, it would probably cause cooling issues

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s to do with the cooling requirements of the engine/turbo.

The W176 A45 was the same, the bonnet got really hot after driving the car, the engine/turbo needs to dissipate the heat through the bonnet, insulation will prevent this happpening.
Wouldnt this be the same for a diesel though?

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
163 Posts
If You want to go to noise insulation, first insulate trunk, floor, door panels and tire bay ( dont know if I write it good in ENG ). The most noise is from bottom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts