Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, does the a class come with a spare wheel?? Has anyone got one when they bought te car?

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
192 Posts
You get a tyre kit unless you ask for it to be substituted for a spare wheel, unless you have harman kardon then there no room for it anyway!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mines coming with run flat tyres so I doubt ill get anything

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone know where you can get a spare wheel? (cheaper than MB). What size spare wheels from other MBs will fit?

Cheers

Rog

·
Registered
19 Posts
do we know if you get a tyre inflation pack with run flats fitted?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I didn't get anything with my a250 :-/

·
Registered
19 Posts
my bad, i'm not on run flats so will be looking for a spare too

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've had 3 A250's eng by AMG with HK upgraded stereo (subwoofer in wheel well ) and they've all had inflation kits, I've had over 50 cars and all my life always had a spare wheel and changed my own wheels after puncture etc, before switching to MB I had Clio RS's no spare and sometimes no jack !, so I always got a spare wheel, however the other night for the first time ever I called MB Assist for a puncture, the service was exceptional ;

http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/mercedes-assistance-excellent-service_topic2883.html</font>

Your MB assist is included providing you have main dealer service, I think this helps justify the price they charge but if you get a service plan currently free for 3 years with new A's brilliant.

When your Mercedes-Benz service is carried out ata Retailerand is completed to the manufactured guidelines, your complimentary Roadside Assistance cover is renewed until the next service is due*</font></span>

</font></span>
So perhaps we no longer need spares I've decided for now to do without and see how things go</span>

</span>
UPDATE - I've just been to the car to check what's there and because it comes with TYREFIT KIT there is no jack or wheelbrace</span></font>

Edited by: ALS391

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm currently doing fairly long distance motoring (600 mile round trips) and am also planning a couple of thousand miles from UK to Spain and don't fancy relying on the tyre inflation kit. Can anyone advise on whether a full size wheel and tyre (18") will fit in the spare wheel well or do I need to buy a space saver? Obviously a full size replacement is preferable. I have an A200cdi AMG Sport without HK amp. I appreciate that I'd also need to get a scissor jack & wheelbrace. Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts