Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the navigation screen does it show speed cameras? Just taken delivery of my 250AMG in red...wow....but can’t see the cameras on the map.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed camera

That’s a shame. My Mrs has just got a new Toyota C-HR and that shows fixed cams and sounds alerts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My previous Mazda CX-3 showed them as well and ironically I’ve just got my first speeding ticket in 20 years 2 weeks into Mercedes ownership

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also run a 2017 Smart for two which has speed cameras fix and mobile they were not on there at first but then came avalable a few months later smart use tom tom satnav the SLK I had before the new A class had speed cameras but only in the UK which was the old Becker system

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had a Thinkware F800Pro dashcam fitted to my A200. It issues speed camera alerts, but it'd be nicer if the alerts came through the MBUX audio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that, had a quick look, but it does say that the usb stick must stay connected at all times, that’s a shame.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is free and works fine https://lufop.net/zones-de-danger-mercedes-benz-comand/ ... yes, the USB Stick has to be connected but you have speed camera alerts “always “ , you don’t need to use Nav, and I appreciate this
Thanks. Can this site be translated into English?
Not sure if this will work but my phone translated to English..

https://lufop.net/zones-de-danger-mercedes-benz-comand/
Thanks Scotty12. I've now extracted the zip, renamed the british poi to just PersonalPOI's.gpx , deleted the other files and put the file on the root of my SD card which is permanently plugged into the car. I assume all I have to do now is go into nav settings menu and import personal POI and they will show up??

·
Registered
116 Posts
In your USB Stick you have to create a directory named PersonalPOI in which you have to copy the file
Aha! I just put the file in the root and the system couldn't see it. I'll try what you say.

Cheers 👍
Yep, works now 🙂. However, I've not tried it out yet as not been past any camera's. I've set visual and audible alert in settings but does anyone know if you get these visual/audible alerts when approaching a camera?

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can see in the map the icon of speed camera and hearing the alert (you can hear the alert also if not using the nav)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Should you be able to see the POI speed cameras when you scroll around the map?

I can't get mine to activate when going through any speed cameras. All the scdb POI categories are active and the visual/audible options are also ticked under each POI category, but still doesn't alert me when I go through any speed cameras. Anyone got any ideas?

1 - 20 of 215 Posts