Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the navigation screen does it show speed cameras? Just taken delivery of my 250AMG in red...wow....but can’t see the cameras on the map.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed camera

That’s a shame. My Mrs has just got a new Toyota C-HR and that shows fixed cams and sounds alerts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My previous Mazda CX-3 showed them as well and ironically I’ve just got my first speeding ticket in 20 years 2 weeks into Mercedes ownership

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also run a 2017 Smart for two which has speed cameras fix and mobile they were not on there at first but then came avalable a few months later smart use tom tom satnav the SLK I had before the new A class had speed cameras but only in the UK which was the old Becker system

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a Thinkware F800Pro dashcam fitted to my A200. It issues speed camera alerts, but it'd be nicer if the alerts came through the MBUX audio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that, had a quick look, but it does say that the usb stick must stay connected at all times, that’s a shame.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is free and works fine https://lufop.net/zones-de-danger-mercedes-benz-comand/ ... yes, the USB Stick has to be connected but you have speed camera alerts “always “ , you don’t need to use Nav, and I appreciate this
Thanks. Can this site be translated into English?
Not sure if this will work but my phone translated to English..

https://lufop.net/zones-de-danger-mercedes-benz-comand/
Thanks Scotty12. I've now extracted the zip, renamed the british poi to just PersonalPOI's.gpx , deleted the other files and put the file on the root of my SD card which is permanently plugged into the car. I assume all I have to do now is go into nav settings menu and import personal POI and they will show up??

·
Registered
119 Posts
In your USB Stick you have to create a directory named PersonalPOI in which you have to copy the file
Aha! I just put the file in the root and the system couldn't see it. I'll try what you say.

Cheers ?
Yep, works now ?. However, I've not tried it out yet as not been past any camera's. I've set visual and audible alert in settings but does anyone know if you get these visual/audible alerts when approaching a camera?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can see in the map the icon of speed camera and hearing the alert (you can hear the alert also if not using the nav)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Should you be able to see the POI speed cameras when you scroll around the map?

I can't get mine to activate when going through any speed cameras. All the scdb POI categories are active and the visual/audible options are also ticked under each POI category, but still doesn't alert me when I go through any speed cameras. Anyone got any ideas?

1 - 20 of 353 Posts