Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Okay so I delete my profile in the car and created a new one. I noticed now that the USB is being recognised in the armrest slot now, which I don't think was happening before. Re-linked my profile to my portal account. But still the issue remains. No matter which port I plus in the USB-C, PersonalPOI is still greyed out....

I think I have exhausted all the options?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Sebbe, not a problem but yes FAT32 format. Came as that by default, but I even reformatted it again when it wasn't working just in case.

it's a very frustrating issue. I have taken all the great advice from everyone on here, am using like for like solutions and yet it still doesn't want to play. Very strange.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Okay so I delete my profile in the car and created a new one. I noticed now that the USB is being recognised in the armrest slot now, which I don't think was happening before. Re-linked my profile to my portal account. But still the issue remains. No matter which port I plus in the USB-C, PersonalPOI is still greyed out....

I think I have exhausted all the options?
I'm prbably clutching at straws but I have noticed that when plugging the USB in it does not always find the PersonalPOI folder straight away, just a minute or two delay though

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Sebbe, not a problem but yes FAT32 format. Came as that by default, but I even reformatted it again when it wasn't working just in case.

it's a very frustrating issue. I have taken all the great advice from everyone on here, am using like for like solutions and yet it still doesn't want to play. Very strange.
Have you tried plugging the usb in before you turn on the car?

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
161 Posts
Just came back from car with laptop and I tried again with two other pendrives FAT32 USBA 2.0 and USBA 3.0. Tried renaming to PersonalPOis.gpx, trying leaving only 1 this file, trying even file from:

nothing happened
I plug USB, start and then again start to set ignition

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Just out of interest I think I formatted in NTFS.
if anyone wants a copy of the file I am using email me

[email protected]

drop the file into a folder named PersonalPOI and copy/paste onto key. That’s all i have done. Just dropped it in with all my music folders. Not that it matters but it was in slot under armrest nearest to driver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took delivery of my new A-class three days before lockdown. Hardly any time to play and indeed almost flattened the battery pressing buttons. Only done about 50 miles. I have had one map-update but from what I've found, having set up and been able to read the appropriate speed camera POI file on memory stick, there is still no audible warning. Remind me, has anyone actually achieved that yet or is the solution buried in all these posts and I missed it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds like the most resent download file is the issue then. Can anyone else confirm this as well? Remember to save your old one to desktop or something first so you don't lost it should the new one now work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I took delivery of my new A-class three days before lockdown. Hardly any time to play and indeed almost flattened the battery pressing buttons. Only done about 50 miles. I have had one map-update but from what I've found, having set up and been able to read the appropriate speed camera POI file on memory stick, there is still no audible warning. Remind me, has anyone actually achieved that yet or is the solution buried in all these posts and I missed it?
I am pretty certain that if your car has the FU2 update, you cannot get audible warnings. I used to have it all working perfectly until I had the update done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You're correct, according to the link I mentioned earlier:

4.3 Instructions for MBUX
+++ Issues after FUP2 update +++
Mercedes has changed software for MBUX devices: No acoustic alerts available after FUP2 update.
Currently Mercedes offers no solution to that problem!
Check software version before download our database. Is FUP2 already installed?
No: You're lucky. Pay attention to this on your next visit at the garage: Do not update to FUP2 (strictly recommended)!
Yes: We're sorry. You don't get an alert with our database.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah I don't expect to get audible warnings only the visual. my issue at the moment is that it will not even pick up personalPOIs.

have tried formatting to NTFS and also tried a file that Steve39_39 can confirm is working on both FAT32 and NTFS and it's still not working.

Mysystem info says my software version is the following - apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063

does this vary to anyone elses?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Mercedes has changed software for MBUX devices: No acoustic alerts available after FUP2 update.
No: You're lucky. Pay attention to this on your next visit at the garage: Do not update to FUP2 (strictly recommended)!
Thanks, I missed that. I would have carried on trying to get it to work whereas this seems to be the definitive "no chance!" answer. Sounds like a software glitch. Perhaps FUP3 will resolve it and [email protected] up something else. Would be good if the "hands not on the steering wheel" warning was a bit less rigourous in FUP3

·
Registered
53 Posts

Although there will be no audible warning, will there still be a visual one ?

Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah I don't expect to get audible warnings only the visual. my issue at the moment is that it will not even pick up personalPOIs.

have tried formatting to NTFS and also tried a file that Steve39_39 can confirm is working on both FAT32 and NTFS and it's still not working.

Mysystem info says my software version is the following - apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063

does this vary to anyone elses?
I'm pretty sure that is exactly the same as mine so as far as I can see you have everything set up correctly. The only variable is the USB stick you are using I suppose, as I've said before the car seems a bit picky about which sticks it will recognise, I even had one stick where it would recognise some folders but not others, very strange. What stick are you using?

·
Registered
352 Posts
On my car I find you may have to wait for the stick to be re scanned by the nav system, it sees the music but not the new POI file. Might be letting the car fully go to sleep, leave the stick in and check back in half an hour.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I havea 64GB USB stick (https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-DTDUO3C-64GB-Traveler/dp/B010HWCFDA/), formatted as ExFAT. I've got about 55GB of music on it, and just downloaded the speed camera database. Took about 5 mins for the system to scan all my music and then allow me to enable the POIs. (UK model, running FU2, so I know I won't get the audible warnings).
This particular USB stick is small enough to leave plugged into the USB-C port in the front tray without obstructing the slide cover, which is why I went for it.

301 - 320 of 353 Posts