Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

321 - 340 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't know if it really has an influence or not, but it's mentioned here that the stick should be FAT32 formatted:

View attachment 5453

Could that be the reason inyour case?
Nope, ExFAT is working fine on my FU2 MBUX. I was pointing out that I've no problem with speed camera POIs on my MBUX, but the system does take several minutes to read the stick after insertion due to the amount of music I've got on there, and also suggested a known-good brand/model of memory stick in case the problem the OP is having is with the memory stick itself.

I've also used Sandisk Ultra Flair 64GB USB3 sticks for MBUX map updates and music, again formatted ExFAT and using the Mercedes supplied USB-C to USB adaptor.

·
Registered
547 Posts
For what its worth I'm using a Kingston 32Gb DT microDuo 3C. Its formatted as NTFS the folder is PersonalPOI and in it I have 12 GPX files.

I've just tried pulling it out and plugging back in and I've found that the menus are quite particular in the way they work. If I happen to be on the PersonalPOI menu option when I pull the stick out the option remains highlighted and I can click on it to the Speed Camera option. If PersonalPOI option is greyed out when I plug the stick in it will not be highlighted even if I wait and I have to go back to the main Nav menu and navigate back to PersonalPOI at which point it is highlighted again. I don't think this is a timing issue, more likely you have to go back to the root menu to get the MBUX to scan the stick

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is the stick I am using - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RG7QFC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only have the POI file on there. Have used Steve's also which isn't working for me either. The stick above is being used by other members that do have it working. I have have the stick formatted to FAT32. I have also tried NTFS but still doesn't work. I have also left the stick in over night and gone for a 40 mins drive before checking again to see if the POI folder is active or not and have always found it to be greyed out :(.

Not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
547 Posts
This is the stick I am using - Integral 32Gb USB Memory 3.0 Flash Drive Dual Connector Type-C Up To 200MB/s: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I only have the POI file on there. Have used Steve's also which isn't working for me either. The stick above is being used by other members that do have it working. I have have the stick formatted to FAT32. I have also tried NTFS but still doesn't work. I have also left the stick in over night and gone for a 40 mins drive before checking again to see if the POI folder is active or not and have always found it to be greyed out :(.

Not sure what else to do.
I can't see that you are doing anything wrong but just in case this is some sort of typo issue or something similar I have tested a small gpx file in a folder called PersonalPOI in my car and I can send the whole folder to you if you send me your email address by Private Message if you like. The GPX is not for the UK but it was the smallest gpx file I could find and as I say it does work in my car. Try copying the whole folder to the root of your memory stick and 🤞

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
159 Posts
I can tell even POIBase cant know why it is happening. Send them link to this thread, they told me I am doing everyting ok. Now im opening chargeback issue with my bank to get money back. This cant be hard to put it in MBUX. Something is fcked up or some minor issues on navigation that was changed by MB

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, I'm having another issue, I've got the POIs on the stick, and the MBUX can see them, and I've activated them, However, they still don't show up on the map!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Are you sure there are any speed cameras near you?

You could try navigating to a camera 😂. On the bottom of the Nav screen menu on the left, is it Where To? Anyway click that & scroll down to POI's, choose PersonalPOI, Speed Camera & it should let you select one to navigate to

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you sure there are any speed cameras near you?

You could try navigating to a camera 😂. On the bottom of the Nav screen menu on the left, is it Where To? Anyway click that & scroll down to POI's, choose PersonalPOI, Speed Camera & it should let you select one to navigate to
Might try that next time I go out. I pass about 30 speed cameras on my drive to work. (Bonus of living in London lol!)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just zoom out on the screen. I dont live near any but when squeezing in with 2 fingers on the screen they appear.
Which version of MBUX are you on? I'm on FU2 version - which I understand won't give the audible warnings, but should still display on screen. Also, which version of the database are you using? Single file for everything, or the multiple files option?

Nothing appears when I zoom out so I can see roads I know have cameras (and I've checked in the database that those cameras are mapped!)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Which version of MBUX are you on? I'm on FU2 version - which I understand won't give the audible warnings, but should still display on screen. Also, which version of the database are you using? Single file for everything, or the multiple files option?

Nothing appears when I zoom out so I can see roads I know have cameras (and I've checked in the database that those cameras are mapped!)
I assume fu2 as the car is only a couple of months old. I have tried both multiple and single file. Both work for visual but no audio.

·
Registered
547 Posts

I must say that sounds seriously odd because it suggests that the MBUX recognises that you have a PersonalPOI folder containing a Speed Camera database. One way to check that the MBUX can see the gpx files in the Speed Camera folder is as I've suggested use the Where To? function to look at your Personal POI's, it should give you a list starting with the nearest one to you.

If that fails I can send you a small gpx file that I know to work by email, send me a PM if you would like it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Macgd. Both the POIs I downloaded and the test file you sent me allowed me to navigate to them, but they still wouldn't display on the map normally.

What finally resolved it was I did a system reset on MBUX (deletes all user data), and re-setup the car from scratch, relinking the user profile etc. Finally that allowed the symbols to show on the map. (I actually did two resets, the first one I did a backup of the data, then restored it after the reset, but maps still wouldn't show the symbols, so seems there's something in the backedup data that breaks it). The second reset I did a factory-fresh setup not restoring data, and it worked.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks Macgd. Both the POIs I downloaded and the test file you sent me allowed me to navigate to them, but they still wouldn't display on the map normally.
How strange but glad you got it working.

This might be something for @LJC22 to try as he seems to have reached a dead end with trying logical solutions 🙄

321 - 340 of 353 Posts