Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah still no joy at my end. Haven't tried the factory reset yet... sounds as though it will remove all the latest updates etc as well though?

Vamp did this work for you?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah still no joy at my end. Haven't tried the factory reset yet... sounds as though it will remove all the latest updates etc as well though?

Vamp did this work for you?
I shouldn't think it would change the software level (FU2) but I might be wrong. You could just try deleting all the profiles and create a new one first.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I shouldn't think it would change the software level (FU2) but I might be wrong. You could just try deleting all the profiles and create a new one first.
No, it doesn't change software level, but does wipe out all your user settings. (Profile, units settings, lighting settings, temperature, favourites, radio presets etc).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Have already tried this one.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
161 Posts
Did factory reset and meh didnt worked out still same greyd option. Send form to my credit card bank ( mastercard ) for chargeback showed them mailing with POIBase and they said they will give me back my money :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Glad you are getting your money back. Totally don't understand what the problem is. Will mention it to the dealer next time I end up going there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If your "Personnel POIs" are greyed out please read posts #85 to #99 to see how I got mine working.
Thanks Ben&Sandy - I have done everything you mentioned in those posts except take it to the dealership. I have
apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063 as the software version at the moment and also have the advanced navigation (not bragging either :) ) so it looks as though it may require a patch from the dealership... will let everyone know.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just got an email from TomTom.

The new Road Traffic Regulation in Germany prohibits the use of apps that alert users of fixed and mobile speed camera locations. We recommend that you disable speed camera warnings while using TomTom GO App while driving in Germany. You can, however, reactivate these warnings for travel outside Germany.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks Ben&Sandy - I have done everything you mentioned in those posts except take it to the dealership. I have
apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063 as the software version at the moment and also have the advanced navigation (not bragging either :) ) so it looks as though it may require a patch from the dealership... will let everyone know.
#LJC22, I've sent you a PM

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got an email from TomTom.

The new Road Traffic Regulation in Germany prohibits the use of apps that alert users of fixed and mobile speed camera locations. We recommend that you disable speed camera warnings while using TomTom GO App while driving in Germany. You can, however, reactivate these warnings for travel outside Germany.
So now Mercedes will see no reason to try to resolve the problem!

·
Registered
187 Posts
341 - 353 of 353 Posts