Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone able to access their Spotify playlist(s) without using CarPlay/Anroid Auto? I can play music from Spotify through the car, but only when I go through Spotify on my phone and press play.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is anyone able to access their Spotify playlist(s) without using CarPlay/Anroid Auto? I can play music from Spotify through the car, but only when I go through Spotify on my phone and press play.
I have Spotify also, I’m in same boat as you. Can only play and go forwards or previous on tracks no playlist. Hence the reason I’m swapping to Apple Music as when my partner puts his phone he has full access to playlists etc.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s interesting, I may have to do the same! I was told that a Spotify shortcut will be added to the Mercedes Me feature on the car, but no idea when that will happen

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just spoken with Mercedes Me about this, they should hopefully have an app for the backend of 2018. A point to note is that Mercedes customers get a years free subscription to Tidal. There rolling that app out later this year as well

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've just spoken with Mercedes Me about this, they should hopefully have an app for the backend of 2018. A point to note is that Mercedes customers get a years free subscription to Tidal. There rolling that app out later this year as well
So by the time they roll out the app, 6 months will have been wasted. Would have been better to offer that when the car app was available.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess that's good news! I'm keen to try out Tidal too, especially if we get 12 months free. I'm a sucker for free stuff.

I'm guessing they have rights with Tidal, so would be a bit of a stab in the back to Tidal if MBUX was launched with Spotify.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone else get Playlist issues even with Apple Music via USB?

Can see albums & podcasts fine but when I click on a downloaded playlist there's nothing listed!

·
Registered
2018 Mercedes A Class AMG Line
5 Posts
Hi guys

sorry to restart an old threat but did anyone manage to see playlists through the car now on Spotify? As I’m in the same boat

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
Full Spotify functionality available through CarPlay. See:

Spotify MBUX integration currently available on 2nd gen MBUX S-Class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts