Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Start/Stop woes

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AliKat 
#1 ·
2013 A180 AUTO

Hi all, the start stop is causing me to power down, won’t start up, throws up the attached warning, I’ve then to restart with ignition and remember to put into D…this is not great if on a motorway roundabout … A little frightening TBH, I’m not sure if it’s the AUX battery, or possibly something more complex. I generally do fairly short drives with a long er 100/120km 2x a week. I’ve ordered an iCarSoft MB V3 & will turn off the ECO light, but would like to have the issue sorted. TIA

(apologies, the pic is terrible, was rushed by a very angry Audi A4 up my backside…)
Speedometer Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Finally got it sorted, it was just a AUX battery switch. However was having gearbox issues so had a full rebuild, ratios retuned and full new diffs. All under warranty thank goodness & got a new set of Pirelli winter tyres thrown in too… Not bad IMO and now is an absolute dream to drive, will be tackling the window tinting next as it is near impossible to see through from inside the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.