Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had car 8 weeks and now got at least 4 stone chips on front

Normally I would dab them with a touch up kit from dealer but has anybody got a way to hide the chips better?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My chips just cost me 80 quid! Had them professionally done. One was very deep! My husband insists its my bad driving, he won't accept how bad the road surfaces are! I will be paranoid before long!
Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can getthe bonnet wrapped in clear plastic or a few coats of sealant might help layer up the protection.
I used to have a nosebag for my 72' beetle to protect it from stonechips when out and about, looked like a tool on the road, but looked smug at the concours.

Just googles stone chips and wrap and got: http://www.prestigewrap.co.uk/prestigecustoms/stone-chip-protection/

It's got Mark Ronson on the front page so itmust be an alright place...<whistles>

Edited by: IAMG

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers IAMG Ill have a look. A year down the line it'll cost you a lot of 80 quids Lynne
roads near me have just been resurfaced with bitumen and gravel
can't get away from it! Just spent hours last Sunday getting tar spots off the sides of the car and then found the chips on the front!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I used a chipex kit on mine, looks loads better than the dealer kits as its easier to get a smooth fill on the chip

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Thanks for the info, Anzz! Next time will try to get my husband to pay! Ha, ha!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a feeling that the quality of the paint job on the plastic parts is far worse than for example on C class. My dad's C250 is now over 3 years old and there are only a few chips on his front bumber. Most of these haven't even penetrated through the base coat. My A has many small chips that go all the way into the black plastic

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone had problems with the windscreen? I have only had one audible hit from a stone but I seem to have quite a few marks already + a couple of scratches when washing it with a lambswool mitt! I've never had a scratched screen before

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yup, my windshield was already fixed using resin as one stone made a crack. There are also a couple of tiny marks. It's a huge problem here in Finland as the roads are full of small stones and studs after the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.