Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys picking up many chips on sides of doors, my previous 45 I had guards behind front wheels as it picked up a few in first couple of days, my new baby is getting detailed this week and thought of PPF on lower part of the doors, can’t find anyone selling gaurds

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
Carbornwurks say the guards are in development, I too had the guards on my previous car, and am waiting anxiously for new ones to install.

Touch wood, I’ve not picked up any stone chips yet.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I know many went for the guards before but I haven't noticed anything yet and didn't on my previous A45. I did go for the Mercedes supagard so we'll see how that works out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a few chips on my w176 on way back from showroom. And the gaurds themselves had plenty of marks on them, I will drop Dan a message at Carbonwurks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think we are escaping stone chips because of the time of year. Wait till there’s grit on the roads 😭😭

·
Registered
320 Posts
I covered the whole lower side of my car with sticker design as I did with my last A45 it deff saves the car can show pics if needed

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I must been lucky in terms of chips but I did get one on the windscreen which Autoglass resin repaired. Steve is right it's the wrong time of year to encounter too many loose stones and winter will change that.

Did you guys just buy two including trim tools to do the front. This is the link to the 176 guards and options Mercedes Benz A Class Carbon Fibre Wheel Arch - CarbonWurks

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
The arch guards come in pairs, unlike PPE nitrile gloves, which are sold in boxes of 100 :ROFLMAO::p

I already had a set of trim tools, but to be honest, a dinner fork will do the same job!

·
Registered
Mercedes AMG45S + Plus Sun Yellow MY19
12 Posts
Can confirm that CarbonWurks are developing a number of items for W177 including the front and rear chip guards, they say should be a month or two away :), can't wait to get some for front as doors get splashed with muck whenever it's wet.

Reactions: Forrester
1 - 10 of 10 Posts