Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I have a an A250 W177 and this morning i went to open the storage compartment and the silver trim literally snapped off. What to do? Anyone else had this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think this has been discussed on here before, the silver trim is only glued on and if you take it to a dealer they will just re-glue it. I seem to remember a few people had the trim come off when trying to slide the cover.

I’m pretty sure the sliding cover has been removed on newer cars, probably for this very reason.

·
Registered
846 Posts
As stack said has happened to a few on here including me!!! I just superglued it back on. I how tend to just slide the cover back using the cover rather than the plastic button.

Also a tip if you do try yourself and get glue residue on the gloss finish just use acetone (nail varnish remover) and a cotton but to remove :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
This just happened to me. Anyone successfully repaired this? There are plastic lugs that seem to have snapped so not entirely sure if the superglue route will work. Tried getting under it to see if I can push the plastic lugs out to glue them but seems closed under there. Thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
SuperGlue probably just as good I’d guess. Clearly the MB design isn’t that good :cautious: as I said above I’ve stopped using the handle n just slide it with the palm of my hand 🤨🤨

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes, and I glued it myself back on again. Cover the area around the handle with something before you start glueing to protect the cover, and have nail varnish remover at the ready if something does spill on the piano black (it did with mine!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can somone post a picture of what peice failed and location on the centre console? I just want to be careful when my A200 arrives in March.

Would this not be fixed under warrantee if it's a materials defect with the trim? It operates a mechanical item so should be fit for purpose, seems a bit shoddy for such an expensive car.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks ikon66, I suspected that from the description, hopefully MB will resign it if enough customers worldwide complain and need warrantee work undertaken and modified components can be retro-fitted in the future. Looking at it the B-Class and New GLA they have the same, or similar, covers but its gone on the CLA.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You definitely can get it fixed under warranty. But I did it myself as it’s a 5 minute job, and booking it in the dealer, with a courtesy car, would have taken weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts