Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today a strange thing ... while driving in the city a warning was activated on the left display to check tire pressure: It showed me in yellow front right and left pressure 260 (values I believe normal as per booklet indication) rear left pressure 225 (only modestly reduced) and white rear right pressure 230 Puzzled because the values seemed to me substantially normal I stopped off and on and again the signaling continued. To be careful, I stopped at a petrol station and checked the values that were exactly the same (and therefore "normal"). I inflated and deflated to bring the values back to the recommended ones anyway, and I reset the measurement. No warning signal now. Can anyone explain me?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've had tyre pressure warnings too over the past week. I'm beginning to suspect them as false to be honest, since they vary (that is expected) but the same pressure can show as normal in one part of the graphic and low in the other. My tyres certainly don't look or feel abnormal. I've had the car a year without warnings, so I haven't paid too much attention. It's in for service next week, so I'll see what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is one year old, too. Soon in november first service.
My friends day old A class had a tyre pressure warning and on the very same day so did I. Mine was a slow puncture and hers must've just been a bug as she reset it and it's been fine since, that was about 4 weeks ago now.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
When you reset the tyre pressure warning system, it memorises the current pressure as correct. So what you may have found is that the system was originally initialised with the tyres slightly over pressure. Then when they fell to "normal" the change was enough to trigger the warning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts