Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few comments on here about stone chips & found on my previous 2 cars that supaguard virtually eliminated them. Supaguard is a polymer paint sealant that you wipe on & off like regular car wax but it toughens the paint & they reckon you dont need to wax the car for 3years ( personally I felt it needed redoing after 2 years).
Main dealers charge £300 to supply & apply this stuff which is a rip off as you can buy it on ebay for about £15. The only difference is they dont guarantee its performance on ebay, but I can live with that & be £285 better off.
Try it for yourselves, it won't dissapoint. I've already got some for when my new toy arrives in july !

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had the Gtechniq equivalent done to my car and so far it seems to be doing a pretty good job. The guy I had do it measured the paint on the car and it seems like it is quite thin in places, perhaps this is endemic with this model but I think it is worth doing something like this.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Definitely worth doing, any good Detailer will be able to offer a superb paint work finish for less then mb charge.

·
Registered
80 Posts
aguycalleddb said:
Definitely worth doing, any good Detailer will be able to offer a superb paint work finish for less then mb charge.
I got my Stargard "thrown in" *haha* by the dealer and collected my Stargard "washing kit" the other day - which I have to say is pretty good, already used the "Bird Lime" remover to good effect, and it seems to have a can for everything, apart from the Artico, but I was advised a wet cloth would suffice for cleaning the seats.

Tomorrow I'll be giving it the first wash using the kit, so I'll happily report back if it's any good. The kit includes shampoo, sponge, Chamois leather (synth), and another half dozen bottles of cleaning goodness.

The interior is going to be the challenge, 2 kids, white cloth / leather is not a good combo :(

Edited by: Sonix

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I love cleaning mine with the kit, have also used the Bird Lime Remover a few times, it's really good. I am a little disappointed though, as I thought the starguard treatment would help to keep the car cleaner? Maybe a white one wasn't such a good idea?

·
Registered
104 Posts
JBraddick said:
Bird lime remover is amazing and a must but does anyone know if and where it is sold separately?? As I'm going through it quite quickly!!!

Autoglym do a product for 'bird lime', not all Halfords or shops similar will stock it as only people like us that need it and not many people want it apparently?...... comes in individual sachets in a box

http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/bird-dropping-wipes

Edited by: tone1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.