Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so the A35 recommends 98oct fuel but all my local fuel stations do 97oct. I do have a Shell station about 3-4 miles away which does V power. But I was wondering how much of a difference does it actually make? and is it worth the further trip?

I have watched a Youtube and the guy said he spoke to an AMG engineer who said the engine will take advantage of fuel up to 100 oct but stay clear of 95 oct unless it’s for emergencies.

Just wanted to know yours experiences, will 97oct be ok or would you recommend getting the 99oct V-Power?

·
Registered
60 Posts
V power or BP ultimate. You will notice the difference. Have only used BP in my CLA, likewise with my prevoius GTI PP. Even use ultimate diesel in the work van. More power, better MPG, better for the engine. Have a mate, was high up in Shell, they spent a fortune developing V Power. Plus any excuse for a drive out ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great comparison... Bhp and in fact a bigger Tourque difference between the fuels

Great video, so I think it probably would be worth it then taking the trip to shell to get that 99oct fuel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Millers octane booster is cheap and simple. 1ml per octane per tank.
If it says use 98, use 98 or better.

v power is my preference but normally fill up with esso supreme and add the booster.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well I've been filling up at the supermarket as I thought these fancy fuels were all hype.

I currently have a tank full of Morrisons cheap plonk so going to do some tests and then rerun with 99 Ron at in a few weeks.... See if it makes a difference: 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've been filling up at the supermarket as I thought these fancy fuels were all hype.

I currently have a tank full of Morrisons cheap plonk so going to do some tests and then rerun with 99 Ron at in a few weeks.... See if it makes a difference: 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile.
Cool if you could let us know your results that would be interesting. I’m looking more of the health of the engine more than HP increase. I think the 97 should be ok then even if it does recommend 98

1 - 9 of 9 Posts