Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking forward to taking delivery of a white A220 AMG sport at the end of the week.Slightly anxious about the firmness of the ride, but the one I drove in october seemed fine. I will post pics at some point. Thought that I would see how people get on with the drivekit plus before I commit to one as it seemed a little expensive for what you get, but I did download the app to see what it did !

·
Registered
93 Posts
I really would not worry about the ride what-so-ever, we had ours just over a week and it firm but forgiving way better than I expected.
I didn't bother with drive kit plus as I too felt it had little benefit for the money. I think you can use Garmins Sat Nav which is supposedly better that the Becker but tbh I find the Becker brilliant. You also get integration with Facebook, Twitter etc and you can tell the world when you arrive somewhere (great and no thank you !!). Also not iPhone 5 compatible yet and you apparently need to always have it connected by cable (could be mistaken here as that seems crazy!)
I use a 64GB USB memory stick with all my iTunes and it works a treat for music library.
Let us all know if you do decide and how good it is!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is all this concern about the ride to do with the run flats on the night package? What are we talking? Just not quite as smooth as you normally get from a Merc, but fine nonetheless?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Despite the run flats (On the AMG Sport) the ride is no where near as firm or intolerable as the early road test reports would have you believe.
I was happy with my test drive prior to ordering and having now done 250 miles in my new car, I'm delighted with the ride. Yes, it's sporty firm but it has proved to me that it is able to cope admirably with our horrendous UK roads.

For me, it is just about perfect!

Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you are quite right!......there is really NO problem... Runflats generally do give a firmer ride and when I went on my demo in October it was in a 200 AMG Sport, & I had to look closely at the tyres afterwards as it just seemed to ride too well for the runflats that were on it!....but they were definitely the correct tyres & so I placed the order!Anyway this is a "sporty spec" model, and there always has to be some sort of trade off between absolute comfort & roadholding!...I am happy....and will be happier on Friday when I drive it away from the showroom.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Forgot to say welcome to the forum JRH - and nice choice of engine and spec!
Edited by: mon2s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts