Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 1 can be found here:

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive just hit the button to switch from my current energy supplier to Octopus but am now stumped on which box to buy?
Please see this thread:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi and welcome @Love Womble !

Only been active a few weeks myself on these forums but lots of friendly advice available 👍🏻
I'm exactly the same as you, company vehicle wise and digital white saloon. I got the AMG premium? What you waiting on? Lovely car but looking forward to getting a home charger which won't be installed until Jan. Also switched to octopus too 20th Dec is my turn on. I'll then apply for Go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi and welcome @Love Womble !

Only been active a few weeks myself on these forums but lots of friendly advice available 👍🏻
I'm exactly the same as you, company vehicle wise and digital white saloon. I got the AMG premium? What you waiting on? Lovely car but looking forward to getting a home charger which won't be installed until Jan. Also switched to octopus too 20th Dec is my turn on. I'll then apply for Go.
Hi t3zler,
I couldn’t get any packs so wasn’t able to go to premium unfortunately. Will be adding a few body style bits though (clearly a mid-life crisis 🙄).
To be fair, I can deal with this for the next 4 years I’m sure. The money I’m saving in BIK from my Passat GT TDI estate is quite something.
Really on a mission to get as economical as I can commuting in and out of London daily.
Looked at CM, Ohme and Pod point but don’t want to end up with 3.7kw into the car. Also really want to be able to programme the charge times.
If I can get a steer on the right one, I’ll get on and order as I want it in when the car arrives.
Happy motoring ahead looking at the feeds here 😬

Ohm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please see this thread:

Thanks veeeight, much appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi t3zler,
I couldn’t get any packs so wasn’t able to go to premium unfortunately. Will be adding a few body style bits though (clearly a mid-life crisis 🙄).
To be fair, I can deal with this for the next 4 years I’m sure. The money I’m saving in BIK from my Passat GT TDI estate is quite something.
Really on a mission to get as economical as I can commuting in and out of London daily.
Looked at CM, Ohme and Pod point but don’t want to end up with 3.7kw into the car. Also really want to be able to programme the charge times.
If I can get a steer on the right one, I’ll get on and order as I want it in when the car arrives.

Ohm
You can see on the linked thread what I'm waiting on. Went chargemaster because has the scheduling, is 7kw, and is the cheapest in either tethered or socketed from the "common" brands which you also have named. I can't comment on what like yet but I know others on here are using with shcedule success etc. You should be fine to get the OLEV grant (if meet conditions) with them all, just get a letter asap from your fleet provider. That way you have to hand when you decide and make an application. You will if ordering before have to later provide the reg mark to OLEV but no big deal.

And the tax was brilliant for me too. 220d. Lovely car but the tax gain makes me smile alot !!!

Edit: see previous part 1 for users using the CM successfully.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can see on the linked thread what I'm waiting on. Went chargemaster because has the scheduling, is 7kw, and is the cheapest in either tethered or socketed from the "common" brands which you also have named. I can't comment on what like yet but I know others on here are using with shcedule success etc. You should be fine to get the OLEV grant (if meet conditions) with them all, just get a letter asap from your fleet provider. That way you have to hand when you decide and make an application. You will if ordering before have to later provide the reg mark to OLEV but no big deal.

And the tax was brilliant for me too. 220d. Lovely car but the tax gain makes me smile alot !!!

Edit: see previous part 1 for users using the CM successfully.
I think CM will likely be my option but I think you said it was a long/slow process? Maybe if I get it in early, I’ll have half a chance.
Also have a potential nightmare of an installation as my house is old with the consumer unit being bang smack in the middle of it (Kitchen)!
As long as I an get it in, and get 7.4 out (when it’s best priced) I’d be a happy boy 😎

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think CM will likely be my option but I think you said it was a long/slow process? Maybe if I get it in early, I’ll have half a chance.
Also have a potential nightmare of an installation as my house is old with the consumer unit being bang smack in the middle of it (Kitchen)!
As long as I an get it in, and get 7.4 out (when it’s best priced) I’d be a happy boy 😎
Luckily I have a simple install. The same challenge however for install applies to anyone you choose. Those kind of technicalities might be best asked of whoever you do initially choose.
The process was quick and easy tbh, the wait however is due to their geo dispersed team. I could have got lucky, I didn't! Down London way might be better than Yorkshire where I am - that's an unknown. I can't however say it has been the best service support wise. I've had to make the odd call to get the latest - although they did set my Jan expectations early. Just don't fully agree with the payment so far in advance on that basis, I'd understand a deposit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey everyone, hope you're well and welcome to the newbies 👍

I am having an issue with the CM app today and over the last couple of days... keeps saying 'Your EV is unplugged' when it is clearly not, and so I can't override the charge schedule and do it myself. The only way is to change the actual schedule which is a bit of a pain in the ass, especially for tomorrow morning when I want to heat and charge at the same time.

Any ideas guys?

CM is great for the price. App is very old fashioned and buggy, but it does the job. You get the 7-7.4 kWh rate too, and I have mine set to charge 12.30am - 4.30am but it usually starts around 12.32am and stops at 2am.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi t3zler,

Ohm
I’m in exactly the same boat waiting for my a250e saloon to replace my current company car. Unfortunately there were only standard models available so I’ll be missing a lot of the stuff my current a200d premium has. oh how I’ll miss those displays, ambient lighting and advanced sound system 😭😭😭

I’ll be saving around £130 a month in BIK tax though so it’s worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m in exactly the same boat waiting for my a250e saloon to replace my current company car. Unfortunately there were only standard models available so I’ll be missing a lot of the stuff my current a200d premium has. oh how I’ll miss those displays, ambient lighting and advanced sound system 😭😭😭

I’ll be saving around £130 a month in BIK tax though so it’s worth it.
I was a bit miffed that I couldn’t even contribute for the additional pack but happy to move to my first PHEV with the BIK savings it brings. I was losing nearly £400 p/m but loved the car.
This one is whole family vehicle restructure!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone, hope you're well and welcome to the newbies 👍

I am having an issue with the CM app today and over the last couple of days... keeps saying 'Your EV is unplugged' when it is clearly not, and so I can't override the charge schedule and do it myself. The only way is to change the actual schedule which is a bit of a pain in the ass, especially for tomorrow morning when I want to heat and charge at the same time.

Any ideas guys?

CM is great for the price. App is very old fashioned and buggy, but it does the job. You get the 7-7.4 kWh rate too, and I have mine set to charge 12.30am - 4.30am but it usually starts around 12.32am and stops at 2am.
Thanks @Mosraza, hopefully they’ll get it up to modern levels soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is so bizarre. These screenshots were taken like 5 mins apart.

What is going on?! I had to change the schedule to ‘force’ it to charge the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Luckily I have a simple install. The same challenge however for install applies to anyone you choose. Those kind of technicalities might be best asked of whoever you do initially choose.
The process was quick and easy tbh, the wait however is due to their geo dispersed team. I could have got lucky, I didn't! Down London way might be better than Yorkshire where I am - that's an unknown. I can't however say it has been the best service support wise. I've had to make the odd call to get the latest - although they did set my Jan expectations early. Just don't fully agree with the payment so far in advance on that basis, I'd understand a deposit.
I have just had the Pod-Point and getting just over 7kw but don't have any kind of scheduling - cant find out if i can get the car to charge at night and no option on the Pod Point app - anyone know if this is going to change on the car or Pod Point?? - thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was a bit miffed that I couldn’t even contribute for the additional pack but happy to move to my first PHEV with the BIK savings it brings. I was losing nearly £400 p/m but loved the car.
This one is whole family vehicle restructure!
The leasing company said to me that basically everyone wants a PHEV at the moment because of the tax savings so they don't have many. I'm inclined to believe him because my company would have stretched the extra for a premium if it was available.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is anyone with the Charge Master or Ohme charge points receiving multiple “Charging Error” notifications to the Mercedes Me app when the car is plugged in but no power on ie before sheduled charging time please?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is anyone with the Charge Master or Ohme charge points receiving multiple “Charging Error” notifications to the Mercedes Me app when the car is plugged in but no power on ie before sheduled charging time please?
Mate I was getting this today after work with the CM app. Fixed it finally, by closing the app, and reopening about 100 times haha!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have come to the conclusion if I knew about the BP Chargemaster before getting the car and how crap their app is, I would have definitely forked out for my own home charging unit.

I would avoid BP Chargemaster. It is RUBBISH! I worry about what would happen if I had a full electric car and I wasn't able to charge, imagine not being able to travel because of it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have come to the conclusion if I knew about the BP Chargemaster before getting the car and how crap their app is, I would have definitely forked out for my own home charging unit.

I would avoid BP Chargemaster. It is RUBBISH! I worry about what would happen if I had a full electric car and I wasn't able to charge, imagine not being able to travel because of it.
Not what I want to hear when I've paid for this 😭

1 - 20 of 121 Posts