Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've also come to realise that the "advanced sound" is not very advanced on the premium. If it's better than the standard I'd be very shocked. It's suppose to have a sub. I can't hear any lows really. I have an onkyo TV setup (dated) but even my old 220d I felt had more lower. Where is the so called sub woof!? I'm not a metal fan at all but lows are those you feel but don't really hear. I'm afraid I'd say BMW beat MB on sound!! Had a TT before too (hairdresser yess but drive a Quattro and it remains a firm favourite) and it's sounds I thought had more balance.
I'm surprised. The sound system is one of the best I've had, its fairly accurate and detailed in the mid range without having an overblown and boomy bass.

The worst I've ever had is the std system in the 3 series BMW, I've had better sounding transistor radios.

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Are you both referring to the same system?

there are 3 Tiers ;)

Standard
Middle
Premium (Burmester)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Agree with @MerciMerc on this one, the sound quality is very good in the premium. Compared to the Seat I had before, it's much clearer.

I've always been curious about things like this, having never tried it myself. I assume there's some trade-off for getting more power and fuel savings (really?), most likely emissions going up and/or engine life? Anyone had experience with something like this?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fuel savings is through having more power at lower revs. There isn't really much trade off, emissions will be higher than homologated levels but well within any form of MOT testing. Most of the gains are through optimising the 'safety net' of having poor fuel, but in the UK we have decent fuel so it's not really an issue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Guys.. has anyone else suffered badly with the condensation inside their front windscreen?
I’m getting it so bad, it’s literally wet like you get a shower screen and when it dries you can see the water droplets stained on the window

any ideas? Please!

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
You need to keep Auto & A/C switched on at all times.

See:

·
Registered
102 Posts
You need to keep Auto & A/C switched on at all times.

See:
It is always on auto and A/C, I’m talking about when I go in to my car in the mornings after it’s been cold outside :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Get some anti-fog treatment on it - I use stuff made by Rain-X, can get it from Halfords, Amazon, etc.
Merc's are notorious for this so I've heard. Looks like someone's showered inside my car, the water spots are horrific!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Merc's are notorious for this so I've heard. Looks like someone's showered inside my car, the water spots are horrific!
Does it clear quickly if you hit the defrost button for the front? (i.e. max blowers on the front) When my cars cold I find auto doesn't always clear the windscreen super quick and needs a bit of a boost.

Going from your post history, you've got the car plugged in until you leave your home - why not activate pre-entry climate control? Manual or timed. If it's still condensing/dripping after 10mins of that, something must be off and i'd be getting the car into an MB dealer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does it clear quickly if you hit the defrost button for the front? (i.e. max blowers on the front) When my cars cold I find auto doesn't always clear the windscreen super quick and needs a bit of a boost.

Going from your post history, you've got the car plugged in until you leave your home - why not activate pre-entry climate control? Manual or timed. If it's still condensing/dripping after 10mins of that, something must be off and i'd be getting the car into an MB dealer.
It does clear quick, but it leaves the residue behind. The windscreen is always somewhat foggy, because of how cold it is I guess.
I do use the Pre entry climate, but the first time I did that is when it was literally wet inside my car on the windscreen, and when it went away it dries the water spots.
plan to clean the windscreen with some anti fog stuff, then monitor the situation.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Happy new year everyone!

how is everyone’s AC, especially in the feet area? Mine never seems to heat that section up and to be honest when I’m on the highest temp it hardly gives me warm air. A fault or are they notorious for this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Happy new year everyone!

how is everyone’s AC, especially in the feet area? Mine never seems to heat that section up and to be honest when I’m on the highest temp it hardly gives me warm air. A fault or are they notorious for this?
Happy new year :)

I've had no problems with AC, but I do notice if it's set to auto it doesn't blow air into the footwell. If you change it to manual and set it to blow in the footwell, you'll get warm feet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Happy new year everyone!

Happy new year. Wish you all a decent 21 👍🏻

Can't say I've experienced any issues. Just come back from by brothers 10mins away and was a warm cabin 5minutes into the drive. I will confirm I don't really identify any foot well warmth but again that doesn't bother me personally. As already identified though in the menu you can change this so try to direct flow and see if that helps? You obviously didn't get enough thick socks from Santa 🎅😂

·
Registered
19 Posts
Happy new year everyone!

Agree completely, can have it set to feet only on a prewarmed car and the airflow and temp is quite poor.

My rear passenger blowers take ages to warm also.

·
Registered
A250e Premium Hatchback, Cosmos Black
2 Posts
Hi All,

Newbie here, please be gentle :)

This thread (and part 1) has been invaluable reading for me, my A250e arrives start of March, ordered it as a company car (hatchback with premium pack in cosmos black). Only had 1 x 20 minute test drive at a local dealership a few months ago, but to be honest, that and the low BIK was enough to convince me.

Question, is there anyone in here who hasn't got their own charging point at home? I'm not eligible for the OLEV grant as the cable would cross a public pathway (technically at least, in reality I live on a private housing development and I don't "own" the bit of path outside my house even though no one has ever walked on it in the 6 years I've lived here :rolleyes:). To get one put in would be a bit of a faff and more expensive. At first I was a tad worried but then worked out that my gym, that I visit for an hour on a morning 3 x a week has a free charger that in the 2 years I've been a member I've never seen someone plugged into at the time I go (6.30am), my wife's office has one (prior to lockdown 3 x a week, I use her car to drop kids off) and finally my local supermarket that is approximately a 4 minute drive from my house with a really nice independent coffee shop over the road has four of them.

Sort of feels that given it's a PHEV and not an EV, I'd probably be able to manage easily enough, just wondered if anyone else relied solely on local public chargers?

Cheers

Smitheroo

41 - 60 of 72 Posts