Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

141 - 160 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did you fit the timer yourself? How does the timer set, can it be controlled via an app? Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ah ok thats good to hear. Considering the 13amp plug variant with ita on board protection etc as no real need for rapid charging. Good to read a positive review tho. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m getting a 30amp BP chargemaster free fitted in 2 weeks. That has a schedule on their app apparently.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm still waiting, it's been over 4 weeks for me.
Seriously? I phoned Mercedes and pestered them. Then BP said they needed a 9 or 10 digit number from the Mercedes portal to continue. Keep pestering - they will hold off until after December then say you’re not eligible!
Car delivered on October 31st, they’re fitting it on November 24th. Hoping it’s a 7kw one and not a 3.5kw.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have done all the survey etc it's the installation that's holding it up. They claim they are too busy in this area and have appointed a 3rd party to install. This was over 2 weeks ago. I contacted BP yesterday and they said they would chase it up and advised that I could use polar plus to recharge 3 months for free. My nearest polar station is 15 miles away!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have done all the survey etc it's the installation that's holding it up. They claim they are too busy in this area and have appointed a 3rd party to install. This was over 2 weeks ago. I contacted BP yesterday and they said they would chase it up and advised that I could use polar plus to recharge 3 months for free. My nearest polar station is 15 miles away!
Wait so they came out first to survey, then came out again to install? I was told to send photos and they said they'd be here for 4-6 hours.. they better install it on that day!!!!! I have NO polar station around at all

·
Registered
75 Posts
I sent the photos etc over 4 weeks ago, mine is an extremely straight forward insatal. I believe the installer has to come out to and do their own survey prior to work commencing. Thats what I was told anyway. I have asked BP to reimburse my fuel costs given the delay.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tell me about it, how ridiculous we have cars we can't even charge! If I get any joy with fuel compo I'll let you know 👍⛽

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you fit the timer yourself? How does the timer set, can it be controlled via an app? Cheers
Yes. It’s just fitted in series with the Rolec control unit so the timer switches this on/off. The control unit then switches the 16/32 amp circuit on so you don’t have to deal with the big wires! The sonoff timer comes with an app which allows you to set on/off times. It was surprisingly straightforward and better than the Hive smart plug app.

·
Registered
2020 A250e
16 Posts
Hi all. Got my A250e a couple of weeks ago here in Sweden, and have it booked in on Friday for after-market installation of a DC charger. May be a silly question, but does anyone know if you also need a new charging cable for the DC input? I'm guessing I will need one.

·
Registered
2020 A250e
16 Posts
Hi all. Got my A250e a couple of weeks ago here in Sweden, and have it booked in on Friday for after-market installation of a DC charger. May be a silly question, but does anyone know if you also need a new charging cable for the DC input? I'm guessing I will need one.
Another point, looking at the cost breakdown, it seems like there is no extra charging module or anything being charged, a new fascia for the charging point. But otherwise the main cost is for two CD-ROMs???

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz A250e
12 Posts
Another point, looking at the cost breakdown, it seems like there is no extra charging module or anything being charged, a new fascia for the charging point. But otherwise the main cost is for two CD-ROMs???
Would really interesting to see the bill after work is done and which HW parts were actually changed, let us all know if possible.

Here in Finland CCS installation cost including parts and VAT(24%) is 990€ (£888).

·
Registered
2020 A250e
16 Posts
Would really interesting to see the bill after work is done and which HW parts were actually changed, let us all know if possible.

Here in Finland CCS installation cost including parts and VAT(24%) is 990€ (£888).
Hi Tonde. Will do. In the specification it states two CD-roms, and a new fascia, plus labour

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've seen a lot of post around getting the most out of the electric range and I guess all tips are good to know. But has anyone enjoyed the car by putting it in sport mode and feel the throttle response 🙂. The car is a dream to drive and providing you have reasonable charging facility you won't be disappointed and the petrol engine feels nice at higher speed.

141 - 160 of 323 Posts