Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

161 - 180 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Morning all,

I have two questions (both silly)

1. when you’re plugged in overnight and you set your Pre entry climate control, does your app say your car is charging again? Mine was at 100%, didn’t think it would pull the full 2.2kwh from my 3 pin wall socket but it did this morning, thought it would just be the same as ‘putting a light on’. I guess the car has to charge otherwise the pre entry climate would deplete the battery though..?

2. how often do you guys leave your car and not use the parking brake, instead just pushing the side button to ‘P’? I wasn’t even told I had a parking brake until I looked next to the light cluster below the steering wheel to the right 😂

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I take it that’s what £89 a year will get you?
I’d rather schedule it using the BP chargemaster! £89 is extortionate!
The £89 Mercedes version does not have scheduling feature (from what I can tell!) - only the Smart version (for Smart Fortwo/Forfour) does it.

·
Super Moderator
2,897 Posts
Sadly, Anton Yelchin's Jeep did not do this when he stepped out, and he subsequently died by his car killing him :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sadly, Anton Yelchin's Jeep did not do this when he stepped out, and he subsequently died by his car killing him :(
That was sad. I'm ok with letting the car do it on level ground, but when it's on incline or hill I always like to hit the button just in case!

·
Super Moderator
2,897 Posts
Yep. Always press P before switching off. Standard practice since the advent of auto transmissions.

One day the electronic interlock might not work, and another tragedy would occur :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Question for UK owners.. what energy supplier are you with? I'm Octopus Go atm, which give 5p per kWh between 12.30am and 4.30am. Anyone else on a similar type?

·
Registered
20 Posts
A lot milder this morning got more mileage out of the battery, same daily commute recently been just getting to work and back on 32-34 miles on full charge, got here this morning with 6 miles left in the battery, set off reading 34, similar journey in to most days so definitely think the ambient temperature is a contributor to battery mileage.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've seen a lot of post around getting the most out of the electric range and I guess all tips are good to know. But has anyone enjoyed the car by putting it in sport mode and feel the throttle response 🙂. The car is a dream to drive and providing you have reasonable charging facility you won't be disappointed and the petrol engine feels nice at higher speed.
In short yes! 😂 It feels like it could accelerate forever and high range acceleration is impressive. Not that I do this often 🤫

·
Registered
75 Posts
A lot milder this morning got more mileage out of the battery, same daily commute recently been just getting to work and back on 32-34 miles on full charge, got here this morning with 6 miles left in the battery, set off reading 34, similar journey in to most days so definitely think the ambient temperature is a contributor to battery mileage.
Most definitely I had a range of 45 miles today temp at 6am was 13c.

161 - 180 of 323 Posts