Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been thinking of gaining some extra power and torque on my A45S even before I bought the vehicle. I had Rebellion piggyback on my FL 2018 A45 which was an impressive unit so I'm thinking of going down that path.
Sadly, Rebellion doesn't exist anymore and Matt who developed the system had Tricolor and now it changed to Willow Performance. Has anyone heard about it? Apparently, he has a new system check this out,
I was considering to buy Race Chip or wait until Renntech brings out their system. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have a read on the previous A45 part of the site such as here. Rebellion parts poor service
But I'm not talking about Rebellion here!
I know what happened to them so all those comments are irrelevant to me. I have had their system for over 3yrs on my A45 and they have been great. In fact, Rebellion gave me a free upgraded system when the first module(v1) failed. Meanwhile, I must agree that I also had a little issue with their aftersale support in the initial stage but worked out to be good at the end. Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks. I also spoke to RennTech who are also ECU remap, I guess my big concern is being protective over the warranty. A box could provide an easy 'get out' where as an ECU remap surely is detectable even though DMS are insisting they provide unlimited call outs to revert to stock. Appreciate your thoughts on this?

As per my previous post Willow Performance have a box but personally dont know if they're reputable and well placed to do this type of thing or not....
this video might be worth a watch ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Good post. Real eye opener. You always get what you pay for, or not in these cases, hence my choice of Brabus.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Let's get all our tuning discussion in one place. I am waiting on Brabus but @Irish boy is really out there already in this field and to start things off here is a photo of his times with DMS
Text Electronics Font Multimedia Technology

Reactions: cooke71

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Text Electronics Font Multimedia Technology

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
I checked the full size box and still the same. @Irish boy will repost it I'm sure.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Reactions: Riddledog

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Slightly blurred probably because you were going so fast. 3.3 to 60 right? Excellent.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Too much screen time 😁

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
350 Posts
According to a local dealer, UK (Northern Ireland) based TMC are developing a tune too. Went to see what they currently offer and it looks like they make tuning boxes. Anyone familiar with these guys? I didn't have an A45 before like most of you guys but I suspect 431hp/584nm are pretty good numbers for only a tuned FL W176 engine.

Hover over "Engine & Gearbox" and it's the two options on the left.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
I couldn't see the A45s. It had the previous A45. But in any case I don't know about them.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Right, so any news of Brabus? I emailed them about a week ago and asked a few questions including launch date estimate, power increase, top speed increase and whether it'll be remap or tuning box and all they said was that they're developing a tune. Can you believe that, and here I thought it was already released and everyone knew about it except me. Such a relief to find out it's still in development [enter sarcasm here]. I hope their tune is better than their customer service (providing useful answers is an important part of customer service).

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Yes they are being very unGerman and running late. Somebody will be taken out and shot for the delay.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not only that, video or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Curious as to if anyone has tried or researched any further the RaceChip option. As a tuning box it has a few merits and noticed they also offer an engine warranty (for what its worth)... so has a few benefits which have caught my eye.

1 - 20 of 672 Posts