Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

A45 Tuning Discussion Thread

264K views 2K replies 77 participants last post by  veeeight 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been thinking of gaining some extra power and torque on my A45S even before I bought the vehicle. I had Rebellion piggyback on my FL 2018 A45 which was an impressive unit so I'm thinking of going down that path.
Sadly, Rebellion doesn't exist anymore and Matt who developed the system had Tricolor and now it changed to Willow Performance. Has anyone heard about it? Apparently, he has a new system check this out,
I was considering to buy Race Chip or wait until Renntech brings out their system. Any thoughts?

#2,300 ·
My position is that the assumption that the engine is automatically going to disintegrate isn’t a high risk, PROVIDED the tuner responsibly leaves in sufficient protections to derate the output.

I know we’ve discussed this a million times before, and it does feel like we are going around in circles, but from my perspective, I will be happy to accept engine protection and derating, because I’m not bothered about consistent power output across all conditions.

I’m more about drivability and low and mid torque lift for daily driving.

Hence I would take the risk of an £8.5k engine replacement, because I know I’m not overcoming all the engine ECU protections and therefore a complete replacement is at the unlikely end of the scale for me.

Different people have different requirements and accept different levels of risk.